Going to germinate some new lawn seed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going to germinate some new lawn seed.

Plan on growing / germinating new lawn seeds and need to have specific zones water for a short period many times in a day.

I am on HS2 version and though Homeseer could trigger an event i.e. or an Mcs configured routine?

Every 3 hours
    water zones- 1,2,3,6,7
    for 8 minutes
    between the hours of 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM.
    for the next 20 days

What would be a good way to accomplish this? I have not used events in HS to trigger zones.... but also want to see if McsSprinklers had a good way to provide this water control and how this is done?

Thanks.

The McsSprinklers, has been an great controller.
    HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.258

There are a few ways to do it. I think the most straightforward is to use Program Page. I will go on the assumption that the zones of interest are contained in a specific area or areas. For illustration I will use Area 1. For this Area setup a program of 9 AM, 12 PM, 3 PM. Use Day or week with all 7 days or interval of every day on the Area Page. On Layout or Zone Setup page set the durations to 8 minutes for each of the zones.

If you want to change to a different strategy after 20 days automatically then create a setup for the future one. It may be the one you currently have saved to a different name. On the Other Page select the date 20 days from now and identify that this saved setup should be loaded on this date. The easiest is to do this first and then make the current one the one described above so it will be the current one. If you do use the future program loading feature take a look 20 days out as this is a feature that has not been exercised much.

It could also be setup with zone durations of 24 minutes, round robin of 3 cycles and 180 minute delay between cycles. Setup start time at 9 AM or setup time inhibits of 16:00 to 09:00. This is not quite as robust as the Program Page, but should work as well.

Comment

Working...
    X