What do I need?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do I need?

I just had a 2 zone irrigation system installed. I am not sure what timer automation product is needed to work with. I know the rain8 product but do I just need the main rain8 with a serial connection? I see packages with x10 controllers for sale. My timer is right beside my HS system.

Go with the "net" version if you can hardwire it will be more reliable and not be susceptible to line noise. http://store.homeseer.com/store/Rain8Net-P339C48.aspx
    -Rupp
    sigpic

Comment

Thats all I need with a serial cable and the Rain8 plugin? NICE.

Comment

Please trial this plugin before you purchase. My plugins tend to be simple and straight to the point - no frills.... While I think I do a great job at the basics (comm...etc.) You will have to use HS events as your timer, and control, my main goal with the plugin was to provide communication to and from the device only.
        -Larry

A member of "The HA Pioneer Group", MyWebSite

Plugins:
        VWS, AB8SS, lrpSpeak, Calendar, Arduino, Harmony, BlueIris, Sprinklers, ZipBackup...

Hardware:
        Intel NUC8i7BEH1 running Windows 10 Pro headless, HS3 Pro, Plex running on Synology dual High Availability DS-1815+ NAS (24Tb each), Synology Surveillance Station running on DS-416 Slim (8Tb), Samsung SmartThings, Google Home, Alexa, Hubitat Elevation, ZNET, Ubiquiti UniFi Network, Davis Vantage Pro II Weather Station. Whole house speaker system using a couple of AB8SS switches. Vantage Pro II Weather Station, Rain8Net Sprinklers, Hubitat Elevation, Google Home, Alexa, DSC Security System, Ubiquiti UniFi Network.

Comment

If running a wire is inconvient then you can connect the Rain8Net to a WiFi/Serial or IP/Serial adapter. The current generation Rain8Net will support the TTL level signals that these adapters typically use.

Comment

I can run a wire as the pc is right beside the timer.
            Is there any .ASp pages that display current status of sprinkler system? As you mentioned Events for timing. So I wont have devices on my status page that say zone 1 or zone 2? Not complaining just wondering....

Comment

Larry's plugin provides connectivity to the Rain8Net. It does not contain irrigation control logic or a UI associated with it. mcsSprinklers will provide the total solution for this application.

Comment

Okay Thank you!

Comment

The plugin does create HS devices for each zone and the only UI is the status page built into HS like Michael said.
                  -Larry

Plugins:
                  VWS, AB8SS, lrpSpeak, Calendar, Arduino, Harmony, BlueIris, Sprinklers, ZipBackup...

Hardware:
                  Intel NUC8i7BEH1 running Windows 10 Pro headless, HS3 Pro, Plex running on Synology dual High Availability DS-1815+ NAS (24Tb each), Synology Surveillance Station running on DS-416 Slim (8Tb), Samsung SmartThings, Google Home, Alexa, Hubitat Elevation, ZNET, Ubiquiti UniFi Network, Davis Vantage Pro II Weather Station. Whole house speaker system using a couple of AB8SS switches. Vantage Pro II Weather Station, Rain8Net Sprinklers, Hubitat Elevation, Google Home, Alexa, DSC Security System, Ubiquiti UniFi Network.

Comment

It does not cost anything to try the plugin, some people are surprised others need full functionality and wind, weather, timer, and other logic, it's up to you.
                    -Larry

Plugins:

Hardware:

Comment

Working...
                    X