No announcement yet.

Devices Created by Rain Machine Plugin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Devices Created by Rain Machine Plugin?

I have installed the RM plugin, and it created numerous devices within HS3, but they do not seem consistent across the various zones. For instance, several zones have 2 devices created (1 allows a run time to be entered, and the 2nd is simply start/stop), but other zones only have 1 device. I didn't see any documentation for the plugin. Could you explain the initial setup? Also, what do the disabled devices like weekDay, rainSensor, and rainDelay do? How are they activated? Here is a screenshot of my device list:
    Attached Files

The plug-in creates 3 types of devices. It creates a device for each zone. A zone can be turned on (opened) for a user defined period of time or closed if currently open. It creates a device for each program you've defined on the RainMachine. The program can started and stopped. Since a program includes the run time as part of the program, you don't get to change that when starting a program. It creates a device for the various watering restrictions. These are status only and will be either enabled or disabled depending on the state of that restriction.

Does that clear things up some?
    --
    Bob Paauwe
    ISYInsteon Plug-in
    http://www.bobsplace.com/ISYInsteon/

Comment

Yes, it does. Thanks for the explanation. I am a little curious about the devices that are set up for watering restrictions. Is there anything that can be triggered or manipulated with these? Also, is there anyway for HS3 to report the actual watering time that occurred for a given zone?

Comment

Originally posted by socalsharky View Post
        I am a little curious about the devices that are set up for watering restrictions. Is there anything that can be triggered or manipulated with these? Also, is there anyway for HS3 to report the actual watering time that occurred for a given zone?
        The restrictions are status devices so you should be able to trigger events based on them changing. They can't be changed directly in HomeSeer, But you should be able to alert or take other action when a specific restriction is in effect. I.E. shut off main water valve when freeze restriction is in effect.

It is possible to query the RainMachine for watering stats, but I'm not sure how that could be accessed in HomeSeer. Certainly a status page could show that info, but is that really useful? If you have some ideas on how that information could be utilized let me know.
        --
        Bob Paauwe
        ISYInsteon Plug-in
        http://www.bobsplace.com/ISYInsteon/

Comment

Working...
        X