Pause Program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pause Program

I would like to be able to pause a running program for a set time that would stop all watering but allow manual zone operation while the program is paused and then to unpause the program before it times out.

I saw this on the RM web site in their list of revisions: "Updated API to 4.6 version to reflect the new API calls like Pause." With this API call it looks like it might be possible to pause a program, but I don't know if it would be possible to manually turn on and off a zone while it's paused, but it's a place to start.

Since I am running two RMs, I would want to be able to pause and unpause either one in an event.

There are a couple of reasons I want to do this. One is to pause watering if the wind reaches a threshold. The other is start a particular zone to scare deer away. To scare deer away, I have several motion detectors around to activate particular zones. The problem is that only one zone can be on at a time so there needs to be a way to kill any active zone first and then light off the motion triggered zone for a short time (15 secs) and then resume the active zone.

Another related action that would be desirable to have in addition to a pause is a Stop All action which would stop the running program.

Pause has been on the RM roadmap for a while now. Looking at the actual change log for 4.6 shows.
    - Added Pause feature that allows to temporarily pause watering for a certain amount. This is currently only usable from Web UI and it will pause for a predefined 30 minutes.
    So nothing yet in the API so that this can be used by third parties. I looked through the API docs again and don't see anything related to pause in there. Right now, it looks like all I can do is stop programs/zones but without any way to resume.

I'll look into implementing a stop all command that will stop any currently running program.
    --
    Bob Paauwe
    ISYInsteon Plug-in
    http://www.bobsplace.com/ISYInsteon/

Comment

That's interesting. Seems a little different from what I heard from Nicholas yesterday.

I am waiting for Nicholas of RM to get back to me with some test results. See the the thread of messages below.
      From noopara to Nicholas:
      I have a question regarding the API command to stop watering. If the command is sent to stop watering, is it then possible after that to turn on and off a zone? I have been using several zones to scare off deer using strategically placed motion detectors. I use HomeSeer (home automation software) to manage this. It detects the motion and can turn RM zones on an off. The problem is that I need to turn off any zone that might be running at the time a deer is detected. All of my zones are self draining zone. When a deer is detected and a zone valve is opened the rush of water causes air to escape and make a squealing sound which is what scares the deer off. It has worked great for over 15 years now. I need to get it to work with RM. So, to do this, I need to be able to suspend any running zone for a short time before the motion triggered zone turns on and then resume the irrigation program. Can this be done with RM?

Nicholas answered this on 2/7, yesterday Yes I think so, I would just use the API to issue a PAUSE command then start a zone via API (manual starting is allowed during PAUSE as far as I know) then set PAUSE to off. I will have to try it and get back to you with an example.

Comment

I've worked with Nicholas before so if you want to pull me into the thread maybe he can provide the API documentation to use Pause as I don't see it currently documented. Or maybe I'm just missing it. Once I know how the pause API works, it's should be easy to add.

Bob
        bpaauwe@yahoo.com
        --
        Bob Paauwe
        ISYInsteon Plug-in
        http://www.bobsplace.com/ISYInsteon/

Comment

I got an answer from Nicholas and it isn't what I was hoping for "because during PAUSE RainMachine won't allow new zones to be scheduled even manually"

Here's a link to the conversation: https://support.rainmachine.com/hc/e...t_360004027453

Feel free to join in.

-- greg

Comment

Working...
          X