Can't get plug-in to control zones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't get plug-in to control zones

I'm back to trying to get this plug-in to work again and not having any luck.
    Getting this in HS3 Log when starting zone:
    Jul-23 7:41:51 PM RainMachine Error The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error. while reading https://192.168.114.150:8080/api/4/z...8cbf402e4c5110 880365d1bd60176
    Jul-23 7:41:51 PM Device Control Device: Above Upper Wall Beds to Run for(value) Seconds (10) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
    What was changed in 3 and 3b.

I've deleted devices and re-installed several times with no joy.

The zone id being sent to the RainMachine looks wrong. I believe I broke that when I added support for running multiple instances of the plug-in.
    --
    Bob Paauwe
    ISYInsteon Plug-in
    http://www.bobsplace.com/ISYInsteon/

Comment

The zone devices in HS3 on the device Configuration tab have no Group, or Room/Device assigned and the Linked Device is Not Linked. There are addresses though such as 0:12

After multiple attempts to reinstall and get it going now I don't see the error, however it still is not controlling the zones. I do see this though:
      Device Control Device: Above Upper Wall Beds to Run for(value) Seconds (10) by/from: CAPI Control Handle
      I sure would like to get this working again. Maybe you can incorporate some logging capability to identify the problem?

Comment

noopara I just submitted version 1.0.0.4 with the fix. It should be in the updater soon. Thanks for the bug report.
        --
        Bob Paauwe
        ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

OK...great. That fixed the first instance. I can control zones now from HS3.

After creating the 2nd instance it's the configuration menu item shows up in the Plug-ins menu but it renders to a blank page. It doesn't change the existing ini file to add the info for the 2nd RM unit.

Comment

Originally posted by noopara View Post
            After creating the 2nd instance it's the configuration menu item shows up in the Plug-ins menu but it renders to a blank page. It doesn't change the existing ini file to add the info for the 2nd RM unit.
            Maybe I'm not understanding the issue, but I don't see any problems when I create a 2nd instance. I can configure the second instance with a different IP address, password, poll time, and unit number. The .ini file is then updated with the changes when I save them.

Are there any errors? Does it actually start a second instance?

If check the "developer mode" checkbox on the manage plug-ins page. The plug-in will open a console window with additional debug information when you start the plug-in. With two instances, you should get two console windows.
            --
            Bob Paauwe
            ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

I named my second instance "Lawn & Drip"

Clicking on the the RainMachine Configuration / Lawn_&_Drip in the RainMachine fly-out menu under Plug-ins or RainMachine Status / Lawn & Drip brings up a blank page. Therefore I can't enter the ip address and password etc.

Comment

Originally posted by noopara View Post
                I named my second instance "Lawn & Drip"

Clicking on the the RainMachine Configuration / Lawn_&_Drip in the RainMachine fly-out menu under Plug-ins or RainMachine Status / Lawn & Drip brings up a blank page. Therefore I can't enter the ip address and password etc.
                Try removing the '&' that may be confusing code that generates the web pages as it's a character that needs to be encoded typically for HTML pages.
                --
                Bob Paauwe
                ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

ok. I uninstalled it and reinstalled 1.0.0.4 and made the second instance named Lawn-Drip. It solved the issue regarding the config page. I was able to input the ip and password ok but it still won't actually turn on a zone. The capi control statement appears in the log like it is turning it on, but it doesn't turn it on. There are no errors. The first instance works ok. Note that both RMs have been working without any problem for several months. There's no problem with either one.

I'm not sure if the renaming of Lawn & Drip to Lawn-Drip was an issue or not though because I also noticed that I forgot to change the unit number to 1 for this instance...grrrr. It didn't make any difference anyway because the 2nd instance still won't turn on a zone.

This morning I tried things again. I deleted all the devices and restarted both instances. I can run the first instance zones with no problem. Still can't run the 2nd instance tho. The 2nd instance is unit 1 and the 1st is unit 0. I saw this error this morning after trying to run a zone on unit 1 which didn't run and running a zone on instance 0 which did run:
                  Jul-26 7:29:18 AM RainMachine Error Cannot convert null to a value type. while parsing response.
                  I can't tell if the error is associated with instance 0 or 1.
                  Hope this helps.
                  Attached Files

Comment

I've been getting this error on start-up of HS3 since day one and the install of 1.0.0.4 didn't change the error:

7/26/2019 7:55:44 AM ~!~RainMachine~!~Error The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request. while reading https://192.168.0.5/api/4/parser?acc...FKCLFGFKABKKOW

Comment

Also when I tell the zone to turn on via google home, it turns on the zone for 9 seconds only? Any way that I can change that time to something like 5 minutes?

Comment

whoamib,

I've been working with this plug-in for a while now. I have seen this error. I've found that the best way to upgrade it is to delete everything associated with the old version, including the devices and then do a complete re-install. It's a pain for sure because then you have to edit the events too. Are you running more than one RainMachine?

Comment

I've started a list of ideas for improvement. Here's the first version:

HS3 RainMachine Plug-in
                          Ideas for Improvement

throw an error if there is a duplicate unit number when creating a 2nd instance, or
                          automatically increment the unit number when creating a 2nd instance

Add Unit Name to each instance in the ini file. For example, if the first instance (unit 0) is for a RainMachine that is named "Bed & Garden" provide a field in the ini for unit name so it will show up on the HS device page as Bed & Garden or Bed-Garden if "&" can't be used.

set Group of all the devices to RainMachine
                          set Room/Device to Zone for the Zones
                          set Room/Device to Program for the Program names
                          set Room/Device to Unit for each RainMachine Unit. For example, with multiple RMs, Unit 0 Would be set to the unit name (see example above)

Change the Status to On when a zone is turned On (it always shows off regardless now)

Comment

Originally posted by whoamib View Post
                            I've been getting this error on start-up of HS3 since day one and the install of 1.0.0.4 didn't change the error:
                            What generation of RainMachine do you have? Parsers are only available on later generations and I don't check that in the plug-in so the query for parser information will always fail on older generations. I don't do anything with the parser info yet so the error is harmless.
                            --
                            Bob Paauwe
                            ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Originally posted by whoamib View Post
                              Also when I tell the zone to turn on via google home, it turns on the zone for 9 seconds only? Any way that I can change that time to something like 5 minutes?
                              The command to turn on a zone requires a time to specify how long to run. It sounds like you'r google home command is calling it with the default of 0, which basically turns it on and off again as quickly as it can. Somehow you need to provide the run time as part of the command. I'm not sure how to do that with the google home interface, but it may be similar to how you would tell it to set a light to a specific brightness level. Maybe something like turn on zone xx to 300 (where 300 seconds is 5 minutes).

You could also create an event with the proper zone run action and trigger that via google home, but that would be a tedious to set up for multiple zones.
                              --
                              Bob Paauwe
                              ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Working...
                              X