Can't get plug-in to control zones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by noopara View Post

What I am seeing is that the Room/Device column is blank for all of the RainMachine devices. I guess the default is blank. It would be nice if the programs had a Device name "Program", the zones had a Device name "Zone". Give the restrictions the name "Restriction". Is this possible?
    I'm still not clear on what you mean by "Device name". Maybe it has to do with how we have the display configured. In my device view I see the following:

Click image for larger version

Name:	hs_rm.png
Views:	94
Size:	26.4 KB
ID:	1318736
    Floor and Room are blank as typically those are something that you would configure as it's really installation dependent.
    The "Name" field comes from the Rainmachine name for the zone and the "Type" field does show Zone, Program, or Restriction.
    --
    Bob Paauwe
    ISYInsteon Plug-in
    http://www.bobsplace.com/ISYInsteon/

Comment

680.4 is in the ballpark for a solar reading but not at 3:42am. What is Int32 supposed to be?

1.0.0.5 is not in the updater yet.
      I believe this is happening when the plug-in polls the RM for current zone information. Zone information is mainly things like run time durations, time remaining, cycle count. My understanding is that these are in whole seconds, not fractions of seconds so that's what the plug-in is expecting. int32 is a integer number (no fraction) 680 seems like it could be seconds as that's just over 11 minutes which would be reasonable for a zone run time.

If you keep seeing these with the new version, let me know and I'll add a log message to dump what it's actually getting from the RM so we can track it down.
      --
      Bob Paauwe
      ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Aha....I didn't have the Address and Type field configured to show for some reason I don't remember. Now it is. That should do it. Thanks!

Comment

It's been two days since you submitted 1.0.0.5. It hasn't shown up yet.

Comment

It's been two days since you submitted 1.0.0.5. It hasn't shown up yet.
            It was approved yesterday at about 6am, but I don't see it either.
            --
            Bob Paauwe
            ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Not there yet. Maybe they took the week off??

Comment

I pinged them about it. I think someone forgot to publish it.
                --
                Bob Paauwe
                ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Still not published....

Does the API provide the ability to enable/disable a RM Program. I've created a syringe program for hot days that I would like to enable/disable based on temperature.

Comment

Hmm, I thought I had sent this earlier, but apparently not. It's there now. It was released to the updater this morning (8/7).

It looks like the API allows a program to be modified, including the active value. But it looks like it has to set everything at once, so basically I'll have to read the current configuration of the program, change active, send back the modified configuration. I can't think of any other way to accomplish what you want to do, so it's on the todo list now.
                    --
                    Bob Paauwe
                    ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

OK. That sounds great. Meanwhile I am enabling/disabling manually based on temps.

1.0.0.5 is in the updater now.

Thanks for working on this.

Comment

I can now control zones from HS3 in both instances. I'm going to start a couple of other threads now on other issues.

Thanks for getting this to work.

Comment

Originally posted by bpwwer View Post

What generation of RainMachine do you have? Parsers are only available on later generations and I don't check that in the plug-in so the query for parser information will always fail on older generations. I don't do anything with the parser info yet so the error is harmless.
                          I think I have the first generation???
                          Firmware version
                          3.74 (No updates)
                          Hardware revision
                          API

Comment

Originally posted by whoamib View Post

I think I have the first generation???
                            Firmware version
                            3.74 (No updates)
                            Hardware revision
                            API
                            Yeah, that's a 1st generation box. I have it on my list to clean up those errors. I have a 1st gen box too and see the error messages (well, I mostly just ignore them). Since I know they're harmless, the priority to clean them up has been pretty low.
                            --
                            Bob Paauwe
                            ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Working...
                            X