Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS4 Compatibility

Will it work with HS4?

I don't know, I'm not doing anything with HS4 yet.
    --
    Bob Paauwe
    ISYInsteon Plug-in
    http://www.bobsplace.com/ISYInsteon/

Comment

I have been running a few trials with HS4 and the RainMachine HS3 plug-in and it seems to work just fine (aside from the silly HS4 child device naming and management stuff that makes it really hard to use, but that is not a result of the plug-in). I have not been running it in a production environment - HS4 is not ready for that - at all.

Comment

Thanks Euroboy ! I just don't have time right now to test on HS4. The claim is that all HS3 plug-ins should work fine on HS4, but if I can't spend the time to test it for myself, I don't feel comfortable recommending it.

Additionally, if I endorse running it on HS4, I'll have to support it on both HS3 and HS4 which likely doubles the support load and increases the effort when fixing bugs/adding features.

I realize that I'll need to support HS4 at some point and what I'd like to do is re-write the plug-in to take advantage of HS4's interface and new capabilities. But that takes time. I don't think HomeSeer really understands the effort needed for small developers to migrate plug-ins to HS4.
        --
        Bob Paauwe
        ISYInsteon Plug-in
        http://www.bobsplace.com/ISYInsteon/

Comment

bpwwer - I totally understand. I was not suggesting you should endorse your HS3 plugin under HS4 - just wanted to offer a basic test of it in a real-world environment. I suspect I will move my production HS3 system to HS4 in May, so then it will be put to a real test.
          I hear you re. HS and small developers. am a closet developer myself (in my day-job I am a product manager, so you can start making fun of me now -. I have started writing a plug-in for Leviton's smart breakers an the HS4 SDK is, well, a bit "challenging". I am now considering going to HS3 to start there - at least I know I have a stable 'OS'.

Comment

Euroboy...Have you by chance done a test with HS4?

Comment

Working...
            X