Water meter - impact on pressure/flow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Water meter - impact on pressure/flow?

I just purchased a FortrezZ Water Meter and Ultra's plugin. I haven't installed the actual meter onto my water line yet but paired it with HS3 to play around. It was easy to install and I really like the plugin interface, charts, etc.

Does anyone have any long-term experience with a meter like this? How often do you need to clean it out? What type of pressure drop or loss in flow rate do you see?

We have 80 psi so I didn't think any loss across the meter would be a big deal for our household use. If the impact is very noticeable on my irrigation, then I can always install the meter behind the tee for the sprinklers. But I talked to a plumber who works in my area and he said a meter like this would clog up "often" (he didn't know how often but that he's been called in to clean similar meters a lot).

Thanks

For what it's worth, I haven't noticed any loss in flow across the 3/4" meter. Prior to installing the flow meter, I had a couple of sprinkler zones that would utilize 16 gpm and are still the same after installing the meter.

Comment

Working...
    X