Any possibility to adapt this to different meters

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any possibility to adapt this to different meters

I have a Neptune R900 and set up a raspberry pi with a DVB-T receiver which collecta data from it. Rather than trying to work from scratch, do you think there's any possibility of using this plugin to visualize its data?

Here is the data format that the meter outputs:

Meter info: {"Time":"2018-06-29T21:30:35.913747256Z","Offset":0,"Length":0,"Message":{"ID ":1549394396,"Unkn1":163,"NoUse":37,"BackFlow":0,"Consumptio n":143688,"Unkn3":0,"Leak":2,"LeakNow":1}}

mcsMQTT decodes JSON data like this and has charting capability. I can expand further if you are interested. Just post on mcsMQTT forum.

Comment

I currently do not have any plans to read data from other external sources. My plug-ins reads data from the HomeSeer Z-Wave device. If you could get your data into a HomeSeer device using the same device type (e.g. Z-Wave Gallons), then it should work. Just make sure the Z-Wave Gallons device isn't updated any more than once per minute.

Regards,
      Ultrajones
      Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
        I currently do not have any plans to read data from other external sources. My plug-ins reads data from the HomeSeer Z-Wave device. If you could get your data into a HomeSeer device using the same device type (e.g. Z-Wave Gallons), then it should work. Just make sure the Z-Wave Gallons device isn't updated any more than once per minute.

Regards,
        Ultrajones
        I have the same question and this would work for me, is the Z-Wave Gallons device type a GPM measurement?

Comment

Originally posted by Kaze View Post

I have the same question and this would work for me, is the Z-Wave Gallons device type a GPM measurement?
          No, it's total consumption. My plug-in does the math to determine GPM.
          Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Originally posted by snhroc View Post
            I have a Neptune R900 and set up a raspberry pi with a DVB-T receiver which collecta data from it. Rather than trying to work from scratch, do you think there's any possibility of using this plugin to visualize its data?

Here is the data format that the meter outputs:

Meter info: {"Time":"2018-06-29T21:30:35.913747256Z","Offset":0,"Length":0,"Message":{"ID ":1549394396,"Unkn1":163,"NoUse":37,"BackFlow":0,"Consumptio n":143688,"Unkn3":0,"Leak":2,"LeakNow":1}}
            Can you share your hardware/software setup? I have a R900 as well and looked into reading info from it, but hit a brick wall when I found out the receiver that some had used was no longer in production.

Comment

Working...
            X