Calculating water usage during specific hours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calculating water usage during specific hours

I run different sprinkler zones at certain hours in the early morning (different days, different zones). This way, I can track how much water is used by each zone and determine if a zone develops a leak. It would be great to create an event that could do one of the following (in order of preference):
    1) Calculate how much water is consumed during a specific period and alert me if it exceeds a certain amount.
    2) Email me the current cumulative usage value [i.e., "Gallons - Total (Fortrezz)"] at Time A and then email me the current usage at Time B (therefore, I manually calculate the zone usage myself by subtracting those two values).
    3) Email me the device value from the "Usage So Far Today" at a specific time each morning (since my sprinklers run early morning and my family generally doesn't use water after midnight; so I can infer the approximate sprinkler usage from the device that tracks "Usage So Far Today").

I really can't script so #1 seems most challenging. But it seems like there must be an easy way to create an even where HS emails me a device's string/value at a specified time...

Thanks

I figured out a way to use a series of EasyTrigger events to set virtual device values at a desired times, perform some arithmetic at a later time, and then alert me in case the virtual device value exceeds a certain threshold.

You can also easily email device values by simply including strings in the "Send an email" event such as "$$DSR:[ref]:" [be sure to include trailing ":"]
    http://help.homeseer.com/help/HS3/st...ent_variables1

Comment

Working...
    X