Meter Flow Accuracy Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meter Flow Accuracy Issue

I have had a 2" Fortrezz water meter installed for a couple weeks and have been using UltraFlowMeter3 to monitor it.

It says I have used 40.7 gallons of water in the 25 days since installation, but judging by my water bill the actual total is around 4,000.

I checked the actual meter and the pulse sensor is on the gallons gauge not the 1/10 of a gallon gauge. I see from pictures on Fortrezz's site that some meters actually have 0.01 gallon gauges and that the pulse sensor is installed on those gauges. Seems like my pulse sensor should have been installed on the 1/10ths of the gallon gauge. Can anyone else who owns one tell me which gauge the pulse sensor is monitoring on their meter?

Since my reading is off by factor of 2 it strongly suggests to me that the issue is that the pulse sensor is typically installed on a 0.01/gallon gauge and that's what UltraFlowMeter3 expects, but for because I have 2" meter (which you must custom order) it is installed on the gallon gauge.

I am thinking I should just move the pulse sensor to the 1/10th gallon gauge (I don't have a 0.01 gallon gauge), but that I also need to modify the ZWave Configuration Settings. Parameter 3 is supposedly the meter count parameter, but I have no idea what to change it to. I have emailed Fortrezz to get their help and will update if they have a solution.
    Last edited by BillBurn; October 13, 2018, 05:41 PM.

I got a response from Fortrezz and they say that this is likely an issue with the plug-in. They say that if the correct size for the meter is selected in the plug-in, the plug-in should automatically adjust the measurement units. I have 2" selected in the plug-in so I guess there's a chance that the plug-in has a bug in how it calculates usage for 2" meters. Ultrajones , can you please confirm that for the 2" meter the measurement unit for the pulse meter is gallons?

Comment

Hello Bill Burn,

I am applying a calculation provided by Fortrezz to sizes greater than 1". Based on what you are telling me, the calculation should be a multiplication by 10 and not a division by 10. I'll post an update later today to fix this. HomeSeer should make it available in the HomeSeer updater this week.

Regards,
      Ultrajones
      Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Thanks Ultrajones! I think to problem is two fold:

1) The pulse meter was supposed to be installed on the 1/10 gauge but on my meter it was installed on the gallon gauge. I believe this was a mistake by Fortrezz at installation
        2) The correct calculation should be no modification at all, so not division by 10 or multiplication by 10, but just whatever the straight number it.

This way if I move move pulse sensor to the 1/10 gallon gauge (not clear how to do this, but I will try to figure out) and you change the calculation to just the straight unmodified result, that should move the count by 2 orders of magnitude which is what it is off by for the 2" meter.

Bill

Comment

Just want to let you know that Fortrezz support confirmed that the pulse sensor is supposed to be installed on the 1/10 gallon dial on 2" meter, so the correct change to your plug-in should be just to take raw data as is, no need to divide or multiply by 10

Comment

Does UltraFlowMeter3 support metric - litres that is?
            HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by BillBurn View Post
              Just want to let you know that Fortrezz support confirmed that the pulse sensor is supposed to be installed on the 1/10 gallon dial on 2" meter, so the correct change to your plug-in should be just to take raw data as is, no need to divide or multiply by 10
              Then simply select the 3/4" flow meter to use the raw data.
              Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Ultrajones, I have finally replaced the original 1.5" meter I installed with one that has the pluse counter on the correct dial (1/10th of gallon) and I can confirm that the plug-in currently recognizes each pulse for a 1.5" inch meter as 1/10th of a gallon when it should in fact be 1 full gallon. Given this, I think your original idea of changing the calculation for the 1.5" meter from a division of 10 to a multiplication by 10 in order to get the correct usage is actually a needed bug fix.

Comment

Working...
                X