Long delay before Plug-In recognizes Zone status changed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Long delay before Plug-In recognizes Zone status changed

My API key is entered and I have my Update Frequency set to 1 minute on the Rachio plugin to avoid going past the 1700 calls per day.

When the irrigation zones start under Rachio's schedule or from the Rachio app, the status of the zone in UltraRachio doesn't update for a very long time. Sometimes the zones don't ever show a status change in the plugin and trigger events. Other times they're so far behind they show an earlier zone running, or that a zone is running after the entire cycle is complete.

Is there anything I should check to determine why I'm not seeing updates within 1-2 minutes of a zone starting/stopping?

EDIT: I was just looking at the Status screen and noticed under "Rachio API Status" that it says "Success: 3533, Failure: 0". Is that a lifetime count of API calls? I ask because I installed this over a week ago. At 1440 calls per day, this number is way too low for lifetime calls, and way too high for daily. Does this reset on Sundays at 12AM or something like that?

Just now: My trigger for irrigation ending fired, but the Rachio app (and actual) watering ended exactly an hour earlier. Does this have something to do with DST, maybe?
    Last edited by dzee; August 7, 2018, 08:03 AM.

Ultrajones, I have only a few days to decide if I'm keeping the Rachio and buying your plugin. Have you seen the behavior I describe above before? Any advice?

Comment

Originally posted by dzee View Post
      My API key is entered and I have my Update Frequency set to 1 minute on the Rachio plugin to avoid going past the 1700 calls per day.

When the irrigation zones start under Rachio's schedule or from the Rachio app, the status of the zone in UltraRachio doesn't update for a very long time. Sometimes the zones don't ever show a status change in the plugin and trigger events. Other times they're so far behind they show an earlier zone running, or that a zone is running after the entire cycle is complete.

Is there anything I should check to determine why I'm not seeing updates within 1-2 minutes of a zone starting/stopping?

EDIT: I was just looking at the Status screen and noticed under "Rachio API Status" that it says "Success: 3533, Failure: 0". Is that a lifetime count of API calls? I ask because I installed this over a week ago. At 1440 calls per day, this number is way too low for lifetime calls, and way too high for daily. Does this reset on Sundays at 12AM or something like that?

Just now: My trigger for irrigation ending fired, but the Rachio app (and actual) watering ended exactly an hour earlier. Does this have something to do with DST, maybe?
      I need to dynamically set a more aggressive API polling schedule while watering is active. I'll do that today and will post an update to the HomeSeer updater.

The Status screen displays the lifetime API calls and is reset on a plug-in restart. The HomeSeer devices will show current API status including the remainder for the day.

Regards,
      Ultrajones
      Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Thanks, Ultrajones!

If the polling is only more aggressive during watering, which I presume means it checks more often for status once watering starts, it would notice the end of watering faster, but wouldn't I still experience the delayed status update when watering starts?

Comment

I just posted an update that will detect schedule changes within 5 minutes. HomeSeer should promote the change within the next few days.

Regards,
          Ultrajones
          Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Working...
          X