Does this PI work with the Rachio 3 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does this PI work with the Rachio 3 ?

I am thinking of buying a Rachio 3 controller. Can this be controlled with this PI ? I was wondering as the last version change is from 2016. Is this PI still being maintained ?

I have the plugin, it works, you can control the zones, but I still find the Racio app more intuitive
    Blair

HomeSeer: HS3 Pro | Blue-Iris 4 on Windows10Pro
    | Devices: 832 | Events: 211 |
    Plug-Ins: Z-Wave | RFXCOM | UltraRachio3 | Sonos
    BLLAN | BLLOCK | NetCAM | Global Cache Pro | Blue-Iris4

Comment

The main thing is that I can control the zones, but very important for me also is to see when the zone last ran, is that possible ?

Comment

Yes, each zone has a "Rachio Zone Last Watered" and a "Rachio Zone Last Duration" HomeSeer device. The "Rachio Zone Last Watered" is in days ago and the "Rachio Zone Last Duration" is in minutes.
        Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Perfect.

Comment

Just completed a 6 zone drip irrigation project for my spouse. It uses a Rachio 3 controller and 6 Orbit valves. It is working well. My wife is the gardener and she is very happy with the capabilities of the Rachio app. At this point she has not identified anything that would be improved by integrating with HS3.

Comment

For me is monitoring. I have a page with HS3 deives open all day. I will create a virtual device which shows me the last time watering has been run. Then I can see when it has been watered without opening the app. At some point i might create some events, buy I am not sure yet. I'll give the PI a try once I have got the controller and its installed.

Comment

Silly question.... Is the Rachio3 API control cloud based? I am presuming yes which is not ideal. Getting mine in a few days which is a impulsive Amazon Prime purchase. I have not done a lot of research which is unusual for me.
                HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

Working...
                X