Pause Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pause Schedule

Just added a Rachio3 irrigation controller to the house and installed UltraRachio3 plugin. My water source is a storage tank (300 gallon) that is replenished by my basement sump pump. The tank obviously cannot support 8 zones with enough volume without a waiting period to replenish. I have attempted to configure a pause event while the schedule is executing if the tank is empty (monitored). The rainmachine plugin accomplishes this task flawlessly but I am not able to find a configuration (Rain Delay, Standby, etc.) that works with the Rachio. Any ideas? Dave

I see Rachio recently added a pause_zone_run and a resume_zone_run. to their API I'll get that added to the plug-in so you can pause a zone run while your tank fills back up :-)
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Unbelievable response! I was ready to dump the Rachio. Thank you. Dave

Comment

I added a new device called "Rachio Zone Run State". I'll post the update tomorrow. Rachio allows you to pause all zones up to 60 minutes at a time. I believe you can continue to set the pause state to 60 minutes until the tank fills back up to prevent the zones from resuming. You may want to reach out to Rachio support to see if there is a limit to how long you can continue to pause a zone run. If a limit exists, it's not in the API documentation.

Note: I set the pause to 60 minutes several times and the time reset (also shown in the Rachio App), so it appears to be working.
        Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Anxiously awaiting the update. Dave

Comment

Implemented pause function but it is not working. I run an event to pause the zone while watering which places the zone to "idle". Unfortunately when the pause timer expires the zone remains "idle" and never continues the schedule. In addition, changing the variable to "active" has no effect. Ideas? Dave

Comment

I am not able to duplicate what you are reporting. I kicked off a schedule, then issued a pause, then at the end of that interval, my system resumed the previous schedule. Please log into the Rachio App, then select History to confirm the pause command is being received. It should show you when the pause command is received and when your schedule should resume.

Regards,
              Ultrajones

Comment

Working...
              X