Odd exiting from standby mode?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Odd exiting from standby mode?

I've got a Gen 2 16 zone Rachio setup with this plug-in and HS3. I honestly haven't used the plug-in to do anything. Mainly just use the Rachio cloud cover info in other events (sorta failed attempt to do a better job of window shade automating, but that's a whole other thread).

I recently had the sprinkler system air purged to be shut down for the season. We get freezing temps here, so it's necessary to winterize systems like this. I used the Rachio app on my phone to put the system into their 'standby' mode. I've done this before and it's worked fine.

A few days later I got an e-mail from Rachio telling me that it's automatically adjusted my schedule for a rain skip. Um... ok? The e-mail mentioned something about a new Flex Schedule feature.

I contacted Rachio and they said after checking on their end there doesn't seem to be anything that would have kicked a system out of standby.

I did have to reboot my HS3 install. I may have also updated the plug-in. Would either of them have engaged the Rachio API in a way that would have taken the system out of standby?

It's not a big deal, a few valves opening/closing isn't going to be the end of the world, as the water source is completely shut off. But it was a bit of a surprise.

Anyone else seen anything like this happen?
Working...
X