System.NullReferenceException

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is this one.
    Jun-29 11:48:50 AM 1 Error System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at HSPI_ULTRARACHIO3.hspi_rachio_api.GetPersonInfo() at HSPI_ULTRARACHIO3.hspi_plugin.UpdateRachioDevices(Boolean bUpdateWeather, Boolean bUpdateZones, Boolean bUpdateCurrentSchedule, Boolean bUpdateScheduleRules)
    Jun-29 11:48:49 AM 1 Error System.NullReferenceException

Comment

Couple more. Seems to come in pairs.
      Jul-09 5:08:04 AM 1 Error System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at HSPI_ULTRARACHIO3.hspi_rachio_api.GetPersonInfo() at HSPI_ULTRARACHIO3.hspi_plugin.UpdateRachioDevices(Boolean bUpdateWeather, Boolean bUpdateZones, Boolean bUpdateCurrentSchedule, Boolean bUpdateScheduleRules)
      Jul-09 5:08:04 AM 1 Error System.NullReferenceException
      Jul-09 5:07:59 AM Warning Have not heard from MyHS in over 3 minutes, disconnecting for re-connection.
      Jul-09 5:06:04 AM 1 Error System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at HSPI_ULTRARACHIO3.hspi_rachio_api.GetPersonInfo() at HSPI_ULTRARACHIO3.hspi_plugin.UpdateRachioDevices(Boolean bUpdateWeather, Boolean bUpdateZones, Boolean bUpdateCurrentSchedule, Boolean bUpdateScheduleRules)
      Jul-09 5:06:04 AM 1 Error System.NullReferenceException

Comment

Yep, still getting 'em.
        Jul-22 5:08:48 AM 1 Error System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at HSPI_ULTRARACHIO3.hspi_rachio_api.GetPersonInfo() at HSPI_ULTRARACHIO3.hspi_plugin.UpdateRachioDevices(Boolean bUpdateWeather, Boolean bUpdateZones, Boolean bUpdateCurrentSchedule, Boolean bUpdateScheduleRules)
        Jul-22 5:08:48 AM 1 Error System.NullReferenceException
        Jul-22 5:08:31 AM Warning MyHS could not connect to server: No such host is known
        Jul-22 5:08:20 AM Warning Error serializing myhs data: Unable to write data to the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.
        Jul-22 5:06:37 AM 1 Error System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at HSPI_ULTRARACHIO3.hspi_rachio_api.GetPersonInfo() at HSPI_ULTRARACHIO3.hspi_plugin.UpdateRachioDevices(Boolean bUpdateWeather, Boolean bUpdateZones, Boolean bUpdateCurrentSchedule, Boolean bUpdateScheduleRules)
        Jul-22 5:06:37 AM 1 Error System.NullReferenceException

Comment

Got hammered this morning!

Jul-29 1:23:06 AM 1 Error System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at HSPI_ULTRARACHIO3.hspi_rachio_api.GetPersonInfo() at HSPI_ULTRARACHIO3.hspi_plugin.UpdateRachioDevices(Boolean bUpdateWeather, Boolean bUpdateZones, Boolean bUpdateCurrentSchedule, Boolean bUpdateScheduleRules)
          Jul-29 1:23:06 AM 1 Error System.NullReferenceException
          Jul-29 1:20:55 AM 1 Error System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at HSPI_ULTRARACHIO3.hspi_rachio_api.GetPersonInfo() at HSPI_ULTRARACHIO3.hspi_plugin.UpdateRachioDevices(Boolean bUpdateWeather, Boolean bUpdateZones, Boolean bUpdateCurrentSchedule, Boolean bUpdateScheduleRules)
          Jul-29 1:20:55 AM 1 Error System.NullReferenceException
          Jul-29 1:18:55 AM 1 Error System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at HSPI_ULTRARACHIO3.hspi_rachio_api.GetPersonInfo() at HSPI_ULTRARACHIO3.hspi_plugin.UpdateRachioDevices(Boolean bUpdateWeather, Boolean bUpdateZones, Boolean bUpdateCurrentSchedule, Boolean bUpdateScheduleRules)
          Jul-29 1:18:55 AM 1 Error System.NullReferenceException
          Jul-29 1:16:54 AM 1 Error System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at HSPI_ULTRARACHIO3.hspi_rachio_api.GetPersonInfo() at HSPI_ULTRARACHIO3.hspi_plugin.UpdateRachioDevices(Boolean bUpdateWeather, Boolean bUpdateZones, Boolean bUpdateCurrentSchedule, Boolean bUpdateScheduleRules)
          Jul-29 1:16:54 AM 1 Error System.NullReferenceException
          Jul-29 1:14:54 AM 1 Error System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at HSPI_ULTRARACHIO3.hspi_rachio_api.GetPersonInfo() at HSPI_ULTRARACHIO3.hspi_plugin.UpdateRachioDevices(Boolean bUpdateWeather, Boolean bUpdateZones, Boolean bUpdateCurrentSchedule, Boolean bUpdateScheduleRules)
          Jul-29 1:14:54 AM 1 Error System.NullReferenceException
          Jul-29 1:12:42 AM 1 Error System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at HSPI_ULTRARACHIO3.hspi_rachio_api.GetPersonInfo() at HSPI_ULTRARACHIO3.hspi_plugin.UpdateRachioDevices(Boolean bUpdateWeather, Boolean bUpdateZones, Boolean bUpdateCurrentSchedule, Boolean bUpdateScheduleRules)
          Jul-29 1:12:42 AM 1 Error System.NullReferenceException

Comment

You have 2 choices. 1). Provide me your Rachio API Access token so I can debug what's going on. 2). Navigate to https://rachio.readme.io/docs/authentication and provide me the JSON output for GetPersonInfo.

Whatever you decide, please send an email to ultrajones@hotmail.com.
            Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

I sent you an email with my API Access token, I can only assume you received that email. If so, let me know if you need anything else. In any case, two more.

Aug-03 4:45:49 AM 1 Error System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at HSPI_ULTRARACHIO3.hspi_rachio_api.GetPersonInfo() at HSPI_ULTRARACHIO3.hspi_plugin.UpdateRachioDevices(Boolean bUpdateWeather, Boolean bUpdateZones, Boolean bUpdateCurrentSchedule, Boolean bUpdateScheduleRules)
              Aug-03 4:45:49 AM 1 Error System.NullReferenceException
              Aug-03 4:43:37 AM 1 Error System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at HSPI_ULTRARACHIO3.hspi_rachio_api.GetPersonInfo() at HSPI_ULTRARACHIO3.hspi_plugin.UpdateRachioDevices(Boolean bUpdateWeather, Boolean bUpdateZones, Boolean bUpdateCurrentSchedule, Boolean bUpdateScheduleRules)
              Aug-03 4:43:37 AM 1 Error System.NullReferenceException

Gary

Comment

Haven't heard anything from your analysis using my API Access token. In any case still getting them:

Aug-23 5:08:23 AM Warning Error serializing myhs data: Unable to write data to the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.
                Aug-23 5:08:16 AM 1 Error System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at HSPI_ULTRARACHIO3.hspi_rachio_api.GetPersonInfo() at HSPI_ULTRARACHIO3.hspi_plugin.UpdateRachioDevices(Boolean bUpdateWeather, Boolean bUpdateZones, Boolean bUpdateCurrentSchedule, Boolean bUpdateScheduleRules)
                Aug-23 5:08:16 AM 1 Error System.NullReferenceException
                Aug-23 5:06:04 AM 1 Error System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at HSPI_ULTRARACHIO3.hspi_rachio_api.GetPersonInfo() at HSPI_ULTRARACHIO3.hspi_plugin.UpdateRachioDevices(Boolean bUpdateWeather, Boolean bUpdateZones, Boolean bUpdateCurrentSchedule, Boolean bUpdateScheduleRules)
                Aug-23 5:06:04 AM 1 Error System.NullReferenceException

Gary

Comment

Hello Gary, I am sorry for not responding. It's difficult for me to find the time to troubleshoot this issue. Are the credentials you sent to me via email still valid?
                  Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
                    Hello Gary, I am sorry for not responding. It's difficult for me to find the time to troubleshoot this issue. Are the credentials you sent to me via email still valid?
                    Ok, I sent my API Key, by email (reply to your email) and by Private Message. Let me know if you need anything else.

Gary

Comment

FYI, if you are still debugging.

8/27/2021 5:06:03 AM,Error,System.NullReferenceException
                      8/27/2021 5:06:03 AM,Error,System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                      at HSPI_ULTRARACHIO3.hspi_rachio_api.GetPersonInfo()
                      at HSPI_ULTRARACHIO3.hspi_plugin.UpdateRachioDevices(Boolean bUpdateWeather, Boolean bUpdateZones, Boolean bUpdateCurrentSchedule, Boolean bUpdateScheduleRules)
                      8/27/2021 5:08:14 AM,Warning,Have not heard from MyHS in over 3 minutes, disconnecting for re-connection.
                      8/27/2021 5:08:14 AM,Error,System.NullReferenceException
                      8/27/2021 5:08:14 AM,Error,System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                      at HSPI_ULTRARACHIO3.hspi_rachio_api.GetPersonInfo()
                      at HSPI_ULTRARACHIO3.hspi_plugin.UpdateRachioDevices(Boolean bUpdateWeather, Boolean bUpdateZones, Boolean bUpdateCurrentSchedule, Boolean bUpdateScheduleRule
                      s)

Gary

Comment

I found the issue. The code is trying to read the HTTP response headers when they don't exist. I'll update the code and post the update within the next day to two.

Comment

Great. That's good news. Help me understand a little about what is going on at that point. I believe you said you did not ever see this error and I assume there are others that did not see it either. That makes it seem like those folks never received a response header that didn't exist. Do you know what configuration conditions would make it more/less likely to receive a null response header?

Thanks
                          Gary

Comment

I just posted the update to HomeSeer. It should be available early next week.

I did capture an error a few times while debugging. When I reboot my router it triggered this error when the Rachio API hostname couldn't be resolved.

Comment

When I reboot my router it triggered this error...
                              I don't see "this error". Are you going to post another update once you determine what is causing the API hostname error?

Still looking for a response to the question posted in post #27, please.

Thanks
                              Gary

Comment

Still do not see your update in the HS Updater. In any case I need a response to issues posed in posts #27 and especially #29. Reluctant to upgrade without a better understanding of the consequences. For the record:

Sep-06 4:43:52 AM 1 Error System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at HSPI_ULTRARACHIO3.hspi_rachio_api.GetPersonInfo() at HSPI_ULTRARACHIO3.hspi_plugin.UpdateRachioDevices(Boolean bUpdateWeather, Boolean bUpdateZones, Boolean bUpdateCurrentSchedule, Boolean bUpdateScheduleRules)
                                Sep-06 4:43:52 AM 1 Error System.NullReferenceException
                                Sep-06 4:41:41 AM 1 Error System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at HSPI_ULTRARACHIO3.hspi_rachio_api.GetPersonInfo() at HSPI_ULTRARACHIO3.hspi_plugin.UpdateRachioDevices(Boolean bUpdateWeather, Boolean bUpdateZones, Boolean bUpdateCurrentSchedule, Boolean bUpdateScheduleRules)
                                Sep-06 4:41:41 AM 1 Error System.NullReferenceException

Gary

Comment

Working...
                                X