X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ACRF2 Compatible Security Keypads?

Hi,

I was curious if there are security keypads that would work with the ACRF2 plugin. Meaning, some sort of battery powered, wireless keypad that would store entry codes, talk to Homeseer, and act appropriately via scripting if the security code isnt entered (sirens, lights, etc).

Is there anything like this, or a wired alternative?

I say ACRF2 compatible based on the security status setting in the status page (from the original ACRF plugin).

Thanks,
    Rich

This would be a nice find. Do any of you guys know if these exist?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

i couldn't find one...so I made one.

--Dan
      Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Dan,

I would be interested in hearing more about what you did.

Thanks,
        Rich

Comment

Rich,

Basically, I bought a keypad from Digikey, hooked it into a PIC uController, and replicated the RF of 12 RF DS10As. This turned out to be problematic, and slow, as I found the most reliable way to do it was to have the DS10A signals "queued" until the user hit the # button, then send the signals one at a time to the HS server. However, the code was hard to maintain and setup...so I abandoned this method.

So, more simply and reliably (as well as easier to setup), where I could, I did the same, except I hooked the keypad up to a serial line through a PIC. Then, it was as easy as just programming HS to watch the serial line for the right serial words.

The next thing I want to do, is hook up a Qtouch style keypad, so I do not have to worry about the sun aging my keypad, or the keys wearing out (which would let in H2O).

http://www.qprox.com/technologies/qtouch.html

--Dan
          Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

So, been a few yrs now, anyone found anythign that is compatible with ACRF2?

Comment

Working...
            X