This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gfs View Post
    my problem is the acrf reads the ds10s in reverse... alert with a red shield icon is really normal, and norma (green shield) is when the circuit is in alert. so how do i rteverse these in icon and in display of message?
    Re-name the icons
    sigpic
    A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Make the acrf device hidden, create status devices with custom icons via an event setup from the hidden acrf device.
      No muss... no fuss... all orignal icons remain as they are.
      HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Renaming the icons will only serve to reverse all other DS10's you may have and won't change the normal/alert text. Fine if you only have one or use them all in the same sense as your leak detector.
        Remapping to another device will work fine if you don't mind having extra devices and the need to run a script each time the DS10 changes state, which 'hopefully' won't be often, if ever in this case.

gfs: If you'd like, provide me with the DS10's house/unit code. I can give you a "run once on startup" script which will solve your problem.

I don't mean to step on any toes here, and I should know better; just trying to provide a bullet resistant solution to a simple problem.
        Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Originally posted by Wadenut View Post
          Here's a solution you might apply to your situation.
          These lines are from a script I use to customize a DS10's status descriptions and graphics. The only downside is that you'll need to run the script after each startup of HS or after making any change to any device managed by ACRF2.
          You can look up DeviceValuesAdd and DeviceValuesGraphicsAdd in the HS help.

' Kitchen Side Door
          hs.DeviceValuesAdd("$10","UNKNOWN"&chr(2)&"0"&chr(1)&"Open"& chr(2)&"1"&chr(1)&"Closed"&chr(2)&"2"&chr(1)&"FAILED"&chr(2) &"3"&chr(1)&"Any Value"&chr(2)&"999",False)
          hs.DeviceValuesGraphicsAdd("$10", "door_open.gif" & chr(2) & "1" & chr(1) & "door_closed.gif" & chr(2) & "2")

My script contains a set of the above for each DS10 in the system. Some are door/windows, others have other functions where "Alert"/"Normal" just don't work for me.
          The ability to customize ACRF2 graphics and descriptions has been requested but has never been added to the plugin.

Greg,

So what is the device code you are using here? How to I change an icon for an ACRF device ^7?
          How do you run the script at startup?

I like the idea of creating less devices...

Robert
          HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

My device code in this case was "$10". Yours would be "^7".
            To run on startup, you can just put a call to the separate script in startup.txt (hs.run "Program DS10 Strings.vb"), or as in my case, I have a device keeping track of uptime so I just trigger on it's value = 1 minute to run the script.
            George is trying a version I gave him tonight. I can post the script I use if it's any help. It contains various examples of DS10 application.

Comment

Greg,

Could you post your script? I'm still trying to get a handle around hs.DeviceValuesAdd command and your example of:

hs.DeviceValuesAdd("$10","UNKNOWN"&chr(2)&"0"&chr(1)&"Open"& chr(2)&"1"&chr(1)&"Closed"&chr(2)&"2"&chr(1)&"FAILED"&chr(2) &"3"&chr(1)&"Any Value"&chr(2)&"999",False)

In the case of a DS10, two possible conditions are alert and normal when configured as sec/devices. You're listing way more status value/pairs...
              Unknown, Open, Closed, Failed, Any Value????

Have I missed something?

Rob

Comment

Last edited by Wadenut; August 28, 2009, 04:39 PM.

Comment

Thanks for clearing that up. I didn't realize that ALL possible conditions needed to be included.

This looks like a better way to manage the icons...

Good one!

Robert

Comment

Here's my entire script for a door:
                    Sub Main(Parm as Object)
                    ' Kitchen Side Door
                    hs.DeviceValuesGraphicsAdd("$10", "door_open.gif" & chr(2) & "1" & chr(1) & "door_closed.gif" & chr(2) & "2")
                    End Sub
                    Love this script!

Have one question ... anyway to get the device name in color?
                    For Example, it would be nice, if that "Door Open" was in red and "Door Closed" was in green.

I've tried many, many combinations but can't get it! Any idea?
                    Bryan
                    Software/Hardware: Win10 Pro, HS 3 Pro, HS Touch, Echo, Edgeport/4, Z-Net w/88 Devices, Insteon PLM w/19 Devices, Nest, GC-100-6, W800RF32A, WS-2080 Weather Station (KMADRACU10)
                    Plug-in/Scripts: Alexa API, BLBackup, BLGData, BLLED, BLLock, BLRF, BLTVGuide, Blue Iris, BLUPS, Current Cost 3P, DirectTV, FitbitSeer, Insteon, Nest, Pushover 3P, Random, Restart, Tasker, UltraGCIR3, UltraWeatherWU, Z-Wave

Comment

You should be able to add a font color tag to the string. I'm not well versed in HTML so maybe someone who is could help us out here.
                      BTW. I don't deserve any credit for this. It's more or less straight out of the HS manual.
                      Last edited by Wadenut; September 27, 2009, 06:33 PM.

Comment

I tried just about every HTML code I could think of.

Hopefully someone else can come up with something.
                        Bryan
                        Software/Hardware: Win10 Pro, HS 3 Pro, HS Touch, Echo, Edgeport/4, Z-Net w/88 Devices, Insteon PLM w/19 Devices, Nest, GC-100-6, W800RF32A, WS-2080 Weather Station (KMADRACU10)
                        Plug-in/Scripts: Alexa API, BLBackup, BLGData, BLLED, BLLock, BLRF, BLTVGuide, Blue Iris, BLUPS, Current Cost 3P, DirectTV, FitbitSeer, Insteon, Nest, Pushover 3P, Random, Restart, Tasker, UltraGCIR3, UltraWeatherWU, Z-Wave

Comment

Everything I've read says this should work.
                          hs.DeviceValuesAdd("$11","UNKNOWN"&chr(2)&"0"&chr(1)&"[font color=red]Open[/font]"&chr(2)&"1"&chr(1)&"[font color=green]Closed[/font]"&chr(2)&"2"&chr(1)&"FAILED"&chr(2)&"3"& chr(1) & "Any Value" & chr(2) & "999", False)

But it doesn't

I've used [ and ] here for < and > to get the text to display.

Comment

Have you tried
                            HTML Code:
                            <font color='Green'>
                            ?

Rob

Comment

Here's a solution you might apply to your situation.
                              These lines are from a script I use to customize a DS10's status descriptions and graphics. The only downside is that you'll need to run the script after each startup of HS or after making any change to any device managed by ACRF2.
                              You can look up DeviceValuesAdd and DeviceValuesGraphicsAdd in the HS help.

' Kitchen Side Door

My script contains a set of the above for each DS10 in the system. Some are door/windows, others have other functions where "Alert"/"Normal" just don't work for me.
                              The ability to customize ACRF2 graphics and descriptions has been requested but has never been added to the plugin.
                              I was wondering if this can be used for the Hawkeye II for both motion and light detection? If so, how would this string look for devices M1 and M2? I guess all possible conditions are just On and Off right?

Robert

Comment

Working...
                              X