X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hit the wall

ACRF2 Plugin version: 1.1.3226.27426
    I've used the remapping of housecodes with offsets for motion sensors and Palmpads extensively. I need to add another Palmpad, mapping L to R for 'remote' with an offset of 64 for use in my garage. I've used all the unit codes from 1 to 63 already. There is a problem however in that the plugin seems to be limited to 64 units per housecode. There are no log errors.
    Most other housecodes are already assigned to other purposes so I've hit the wall here. I'd assumed all this time I'd be good to go all the way to 96. In addition, I'm quickly running out of unit codes for motion sensors (HC M).
    Is there any way around this (ie. an updated plugin) other than resorting to the use of a new house code?
    Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

I don't have a solution, I'm afraid, but I just had to register my admiration. You have A LOT of devices! I now realize what a piker I am.
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

You might call me a devicaholic

Not all of the Palmpad unit codes are used on most of the remotes. The main objective is isolation. I don't want to risk accidently controlling devices in the garage for instance with the living room remote, and vice versa, should the slide switch get moved to the opposite position. Thus the need to allocate the entire block of 16 units for each area.
      House codes are also getting scarce... A=appliances, L=lights, M=motion, N=network, R=remotes, H=HVAC, W=Weather, S=status, etc. I still have quite a number of X10 modules allocating various of the remaining housecodes. This puts me in a bit of a bind.

Comment

Originally posted by Wadenut View Post
        You might call me a devicaholic

Not all of the Palmpad unit codes are used on most of the remotes. The main objective is isolation. I don't want to risk accidently controlling devices in the garage for instance with the living room remote, and vice versa, should the slide switch get moved to the opposite position. Thus the need to allocate the entire block of 16 units for each area.
        House codes are also getting scarce... A=appliances, L=lights, M=motion, N=network, R=remotes, H=HVAC, W=Weather, S=status, etc. I still have quite a number of X10 modules allocating various of the remaining housecodes. This puts me in a bit of a bind.
        I know this is in no way a solution to your problem, but as a workaround (assuming someone doesnt pop in with the acutal solution), since the palmpads are so cheap how about removing the slide switch or adding a drop of superglue to prevent it from being switched? At least that would give you some more codes to play with.

Comment

Originally posted by nick_l View Post
          I know this is in no way a solution to your problem, but as a workaround (assuming someone doesnt pop in with the acutal solution), since the palmpads are so cheap how about removing the slide switch or adding a drop of superglue to prevent it from being switched? At least that would give you some more codes to play with.
          When I print my palmpad labels, I intentionally leave the palmpad selector switch covered for this very reason - it keeps my users from changing the housecodes.
          HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
          54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
          Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

I'd considered glue, but it's a last resort. It will only buy a little time.
            I too cover the HC selector switch.
            The best solution of course would be that a fix were integrated into the plugin along with others which have been requested in other threads.
            I've also emailed Jon; but no response as yet.

Comment

To make matters worse, any key pressed, 1-16, on a PalmPad mapped to 65+ is received and logged as code 64.

Comment

You need to e-mail Oman. It's how he is doing his "tech. support."

--Dan
                Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Originally posted by drozwood90 View Post
                  You need to e-mail Oman. It's how he is doing his "tech. support."

--Dan
                  Post 6

Comment

Sorry, my apologies!

--Dan
                    Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

X10 is physically limited to a unit code max of 64. HomeSeer previously had this same limitation internally. I'm checking with HS to see if this limitation is still there on the software interface. If not I'll remove it from the plug-in.

Jon

To make matters worse, any key pressed, 1-16, on a PalmPad mapped to 65+ is received and logged as code 64.
                      Jon Ort
                      JonOrt@The--Orts.com
                      (Remove the dashes in the address, spam is getting out of hand)

Comment

X10 signals outside the X10 address space?

Sorry to hijack the thread, but the discussion makes me curious. If the ACRF plug-in is set to offset the address of an X10 device at B1 to T21, for instance, and X10 emulation is enabled, does a 'B1-On' register as an X10 'T21-On', or does it show up only as Device Status change?
                        Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
                        HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

The plug-in acts as an X10 interface (as well as other things). The house code remap and unit code offset both will change what HomeSeer sees as the incoming X10. So in your example the answer is yes, HomeSeer will see it as an incoming T21 not B1. HomeSeer itself generates the status change when emulation (X10 device emulation) is selected for that housecode in the plug-in.

If emulation is not selected for that house code then the plug-in will generate status changes to any device mapped to the house / unit code calculated after remapping and offsets.

The difference is subtle but allows for some additional flexibility.

Shadow command triggers are always based on the actual incoming RF codes.

Jon

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
                          Sorry to hijack the thread, but the discussion makes me curious. If the ACRF plug-in is set to offset the address of an X10 device at B1 to T21, for instance, and X10 emulation is enabled, does a 'B1-On' register as an X10 'T21-On', or does it show up only as Device Status change?
                          Jon Ort
                          JonOrt@The--Orts.com

Comment

Originally posted by Oman View Post
                            X10 is physically limited to a unit code max of 64. HomeSeer previously had this same limitation internally. I'm checking with HS to see if this limitation is still there on the software interface. If not I'll remove it from the plug-in.

Jon
                            HS doesn't seem to have this limitation. I have one Z-Wave appliance module mapped to A80 (and working) and use several other virtual devices up to and including 99. Remapping really amounts to these remotes being virtual devices; not retransmitted in my case. It would be super to be able to keep all of the motion sensors on M and all of the remotes on R.

Thanks.

Comment

Internally HomeSeer can handle 99 (sometimes more) but the plug-in talks to the X10 specific interface when in emulation mode. That interface used to break with unit codes over 64.

Jon

HS doesn't seem to have this limitation. I have one Z-Wave appliance module mapped to A80 (and working) and use several other virtual devices up to and including 99. Remapping really amounts to these remotes being virtual devices; not retransmitted in my case. It would be super to be able to keep all of the motion sensors on M and all of the remotes on R.

Thanks.
                              Jon Ort
                              JonOrt@The--Orts.com

Comment

Working...
                              X