This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacing batteries on DS10a's

I've got a few DS10a's which need the batteries replacing. What's the best method to replace the batteries without generating a new code? Is it simply a case of changing the batteries as quick as possible?

you will need to make something... maybe from an old toy that has 2 batteries.. i have seen where the AAA compartment comes out...

put batteries in it...put clips on the ends... that are small... and have them clip in there in parallel to the current batteries.. then you should be able to take them out... unfortunatelly there is no way to remove batteries without loosing its info

i need to do something like this...as i have 19 ms13a's
    HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

If we added a large capacitor internally to the DS10a this would keep the memory while replacing the batteries. Although this would only work if you replaced them when they are dead, and not when they have died.

Mybe someone with more electronics knowledge than me could comment on this.

Comment

The DS10a (and the Security motion sensor) will remember it's code for a small amount of time. I don't know how long, but at least if I replace the batteries as soon as I get the low battery alert, I've not had to re-generate codes.

I have had to regenerate codes, if I am lazy (99% of the time) and replace the batteries AFTER it's been complaining for a "while", i.e. it stopped working :-P

--Dan
        Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

I haven't tried this, but I've read about someone creating a temporary battery pack with clips, and clipped to the existing terminals with the old batteries in place. With the temporary battery affixed, remove the old, replace with new and remove the clipped temporary setup.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffCharger View Post
            I haven't tried this, but I've read about someone creating a temporary battery pack with clips, and clipped to the existing terminals with the old batteries in place. With the temporary battery affixed, remove the old, replace with new and remove the clipped temporary setup.
            das what i said

hmm maybe ill have to make one..
            HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Working...
            X