This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TeleFragger View Post
    .... crawl space with the motion events.... as ms13's are there... if they do not work.. i will put a ms 16a (have a few left) and see if they then work......
    Do we want to know what's moving in the crawl space?

If movement in the crawl space then
    ????
    End if
    Paul

Comment

I have both, the only difference that I can tell is the extra silicone gaskets on the 16s.

FWIW, I don't ever count on the off's, I only take the on's. This event is looking for two eagle eyes, C5 or C7 "on" to kick the event on. Further On's keeps it going until no more motion. The "Remove Delayed Device Action" keeps the previous version of the event from turning the lights off. I only want the last one to do that. These two statements effective kill the active wait statement when more motion is detected. I never look for or use the off.

For your Off function, I would still do it the same way. Keep the time between on and off as short as possible on the motion detector (default). Wait X amount of time, and then assume off

See the pic

On other possibility is that some units are stronger / better than others. I give them a test before placing them.

Paul
      Attached Files
      Paul

Comment

i think my issue is about range now... and antennea placement....

i forgot to mention that i did finish my basement a while back... and put metal drop ceiling brackets in...

now i took another motion sensor.... the current one for garage is on the opposite side of the house.... between the 2 car garage doors... i also put another motion by the door.. so it is more in the middle of the house.. my garage light is turning off now when an off is received....

im going to extend my w800 antenna a bit hopefully tomorrow.. just got in from my sons soccer practice... from 6pm to 9:40pm.... we got tournaments this weekend..... so hopefully i can dig up some time... i got cable ends, nice compression ones and tool.. and a 500' spool of cable so i know i can make one.... im not going to go too big... so more to come
        HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Working...
        X