This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pending Alarm State not reset on Disarm via Events

Trying this out. Release and also this Beta.

I have a door sensor which I set to delay alarm for a few minutes.
    Once the door sensor is activated, ACRF2 Alarm state changed to "Pending Alarm". I then initiated an event which will Disarm ACRF2 Security System State. After it is disarmed, the Alarm State is left as "Pending Alarm"

However, if I disarm using a remote, the Alarm State gets reset back to either "Normal" or "Not Ready" depending on the sensor state, which is what I would expect this to happen even when triggered via Events.

Any idea? I don't want to manually trigger an event that will set the Alarm State to Normal, because it will stay Normal even the sensors are not closed.

Any idea?

Looks like the overall Alarm state is not reset when an event that sets the system to Disarm. Is this expected or a bug?

The only way to reset all the states is via a remote, whihc I am trying to get out of. Please help.

The reason why manually setting the Alarm state is not an option because the state will become non-responsive after a manual set either through a script or event. For example if I manually set the Alarm state to normal, then re-arm my alarm, even after sensors are triggered, no alarm will sound and the Alarm state will stay Normal.
    The only way to bring back the whole system state to normal is to disarm through a remote.

Comment

Is support for this plugin alive?

Comment

Support is very much alive.
        You may want to look at this recent thread.
        http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=150746
        Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Originally posted by Wadenut View Post
          Support is very much alive.
          You may want to look at this recent thread.
          http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=150746

Oh ic....totally slipped my mind about the vacation season of the yr
          Hopefully Oman will get back to me about why is the reason with what I am seeing becasue right now, anytime the alarm is tripped, there is no other way to bring the system back to ready state other than through a remote. The silly remote is dangerous IMHO, so I need to get out of it.

Comment

Making this change required some restructuring of the alarm system logic. It gets complicated when there is built-in automation of the system and at any time the states can be changed externally by events and such. The upside is that now the alarm system state can be safely changed from the UI or from an event. If anything changes the alarm system state to disarmed from any other state all the internal logic for updating the ready and alarm states is processed. It will be in tonight's update, please test it out and see if it meets your needs.

Jon

Originally posted by bmxtreme View Post
            Oh ic....totally slipped my mind about the vacation season of the yr
            Hopefully Oman will get back to me about why is the reason with what I am seeing becasue right now, anytime the alarm is tripped, there is no other way to bring the system back to ready state other than through a remote. The silly remote is dangerous IMHO, so I need to get out of it.
            Jon Ort
            JonOrt@The--Orts.com
            (Remove the dashes in the address, spam is getting out of hand)

Comment

Hi Jon! Thanks alot for listening! I will give this a swirl tonight and let you know how things go in a few days after some test run

Comment

Got sometime to just play around with it and looks good.
                Now i can have my security system rearm itself if the alarm sounded for some time length while no motion has been detected for those time period - generally I guess a sign of a false alarm.
                This is great. I like the new logic much better, which I no longer have to depend on the remote control to reset my system after it is tripped (now I can get rid of the venet that periodically remind me to reset my alarm if it is not in a normal state after a tripped alarm). Thanks alot again!
                Last edited by bmxtreme; January 7, 2012, 08:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X