This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how config w800 usb with HS?

the plug in has drop downs for all the com ports, but i am usb into the pro 100. how do i configure so ACRF can recognize the w800 hardware?
    HS3 , Zwave, HometrollerS6, ELK M1G Ultra; mcs sprinklers; WGL800; BLRF; BLNetCallerID; BLSpeech

Hi
    Connecting it is still a com port from the plugin's perspective. USB devices typically present themselves to the computer as a virtual com port ...COM1:, COM2: etc

Just plug the W800 in and watch for the messages in the windows icon tray (lower right) to see when its configured successfully.

Then look in windows device manager, you will see a LPT and COM Ports drop down. It will show you the virtually connected com ports. In the plugin configuration, pick the one that you are already not using for other things, and you should be all set
    Paul

Comment

success. thanks paul. i am setting up some x10 remote controls buttons. KR22a i assume i set those as "security devices" in the acrf config... press button and the w800 finds each?
      HS3 , Zwave, HometrollerS6, ELK M1G Ultra; mcs sprinklers; WGL800; BLRF; BLNetCallerID; BLSpeech

Comment

all set. the w800 recognized the rf x10 from the mini remote so we are all good. thanks so much now i have to sokve the x10 through the house problem thanks

Comment

Working...
        X