• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AW129 supported in ACRF2?

ACRF2 1.4.4733.35965 Beta
    HSPRO 2.5.0.20
    RFXrecv USB

Is the Oregon Scientific AW129 BBQ sensor supported in ACRF2? I've tried all of the temp sensor types and can't find one that works.

Thanks,
    Jabran
    Last edited by jabrans; December 24, 2012, 12:44 PM.

I just went through the device type list again and used TEMP2 THN132N,THWR288,AW131,THC268 and was able to add both my AW129 sensors. Not sure what I did wrong the first go.

Jabran

Comment

What am I doing wrong?

I have a receiver unit with a model number of AW129 and a BBQ Thermo Sensor with model number AWR129.

I cannot get the ACRF plugin to see them, even using the TEMP2 THN132N, THWR288, AW131, THC268

Same beta version of the plug-in that Jabran is using.

Do both units have to be on, or just the unit with the thermometer? I've tried what seems to me to be every variation of turn-on sequences & clicks in the plug-in to get them talking.

W800R7324 Serial Receiver hooked up to Homeseer.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

--Doug

Comment

The W800RF32A which I have won't receive the Oregon Scientific transmitters. I have the US version of the W800 which is a 310MHz receiver for US X10 devices. The OS sensors transmit on 433MHz. I have a RFXCOM RFXrec433 to receive my OS sensors.

There is a W800 international version that is 433MHz but I'm not sure if it will receive the OS transmitters but it will only receive the non US/Canada X10 devices.

Once you have a 433MHz receiver connected to HS only the AW129 unit with the sensor, the transmitter, needs to be turned on. The display/receiver unit doesn't need to be on for HS and the ACRF2 plug-in.

Jabran

Comment

Thanks, Jabran, that would explain it. It looks like the ACRF2 plugin also supports the RFXCOM RFXrec433, so I might end up buying it as well.

--Doug

Comment

Yes it does, I use the ACRF2 for both W800 and RFXrec433 receivers.

Comment

jabrans.
              does ACRF2 support the 433MHz W800RF32A ???
              the docs don't say it does, and don't say is does not.
              I cannot get any indication in ACRF2.
              thanks

Comment

I don't know if ACRF2 support 433 W800RF32A, I only have the 310MHz W800. I use the RFXrec433 for my 433MHz receiver with ACRF2. If you already have the 433 W800RF32A I'd download and run ACRF2 in trial mode, if you thinking about buying that's another story. Hopefully Jon will see this thread and answer your question.

Comment

Working...
                X