This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mulitple Thermostats

I only have one physical thermostat, but the plugin sees two thermostats. How do I remove the second thermostat?

Configured Thermostats
    IP Address UUID Unit Name Model Device Code Firmware Version
    192.168.1.201 147dc56d4609 Home CT50 V1.94 4820(\7) 1.04.77
    192.168.1.201 147dc56d4609 Home CT50 V1.94 4889(\7) 1.04.77
    Last edited by regm; March 16, 2012, 10:45 AM.

Did it create devices for the "second" thermostat? You should be able to delete the HomeSeer devices (7 of them) created for that thermostat. Or to be sure it's clean delete all devices created by BeakerStat and rediscover.
    HS Pro 3.0 | Linux Ubuntu 16.04 x64 virtualized under Proxmox (KVM)
    Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
    Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
    Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Comment

A second set of thermostat devices were not created, just the second thermostat on the Beakerstat Configuration > Thermostats page.

Comment

That list is generated from a list of configured thermostats kept in memory. A restart of HomeSeer should correct it. Did you remove the thermostat and rediscover it? I'm wondering if maybe the plugin didn't clean up the list properly after a removal.
        HS Pro 3.0 | Linux Ubuntu 16.04 x64 virtualized under Proxmox (KVM)
        Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
        Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
        Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Comment

No, I havn't removed and rediscovered the thermostat.

I stopped and restarted HomeSeer, but I still have the same two thermostats listed on the Beakerstat Configuration > Thermostats page.
          Last edited by regm; March 9, 2012, 12:40 PM.

Comment

I discovered how the second thermostat was created in HomeSeer. I have a HomeSeer Location called "Favorites". This is where I monitor frequently used devices. I copied the thermostat device to "Favorites" which apparently created the second thermostat in HomeSeer. I deleted the copied thermostat in Favorites which deleted the second thermostat device, but also created havoc with the original thermostat devices. I checked the original "Thermostat" location and several of the thermostat devices like the "Operating Mode" and "Current Mode" were gone. I decided to delete all the thermostat devices and rediscover. This seems to have worked. I now have one thermostat in HomeSeer. I had to edit all my events to add the new thermostat device action. Also the thermostat device codes are now \8 - \14. Everything seems to be working normally with the new codes. I can change the thermostat setpoint from HomeSeer. That was an interesting test case.

Comment

Working...
            X