X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plug-in still crashing HS Pro

I am still getting this error on start-up:

ERROR MarvellDiscoveryProtocol.DiscoverOnIP: Error creating socket: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An address incompatible with the requested protocol was used at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoBind(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress) at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Bind(EndPoint localEP) at HSPI_BEAKERSTAT.MarvellDiscoveryProtocol.DiscoverOnIP(IPAddr ess ipaddr)

Which eventually leads to this error, which crashes HS, b ut not before things stop working at some point. Over the course of a day or two. Sometime HS will not crash, but things stop working, mainly your plugin. And since there is no schedule support, controlling by events is the only option. And well that stops working also...

"1/10/2013 6:36:48 PM
    Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.
    HomeSeer version: 2.5.0.60
    Source: mscorlib
    Target: Void ThrowInvalidOperationException(System.ExceptionResource)
    Stack trace:
    at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowInvalidOperationException(ExceptionR esource resource)
    at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.Enumerator.MoveNextRare()
    at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.Enumerator.MoveNext()
    at HSPI_BEAKERSTAT.HSPI.PollThread()
    at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Object userData)
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWi thGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionConte xt executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
    at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Please specify what you were doing at the time of this error:"

This happend when I had to restart HS, due to no t-stat control...
    -Skybolt

Are you running the latest version of HomeSeer?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by rupp View Post
      are you running the latest version of homeseer?
      -Skybolt

Comment

You should move to the latest release which is .76 that fixed some memory leaks and may sort this issue.

Comment

I'll try updateing, but I still think there is an issue with this plugin. I have experienced alot of communication dropouts, for lack of a better description.
          -Skybolt

Comment

Originally posted by skybolt View Post
            I have experienced alot of communication dropouts, for lack of a better description.
            That's not necessarily the plugin. These stats do this and it's been documented all over the web. If you have a weak signal area or the stat is too close to the router then this can happen. On the opposite extreme the new Nest new Honeywell WIFI stats have very good reviews. There's even a new plugin for the nest.

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
              That's not necessarily the plugin. These stats do this and it's been documented all over the web. If you have a weak signal area or the stat is too close to the router then this can happen. On the opposite extreme the new Nest new Honeywell WIFI stats have very good reviews. There's even a new plugin for the nest.
              Yeah, I just replaced wiht these @ 130 a pop, now the nest will be $250 a piece. And to tell you the truth, i am not sure I want a learning stat in my house. I really like the way things are/were with the RC-80, but they died.

As for the signal. I had tested one for 6+months with out one drop out. even through sandy, it recovered perfectly, daily while on generator. But your point is dualy noted, there is a lot of chatter on the web about it.

It would be nice if Reidfo would jump in here. I am not sold that it's a HS issue and not this plugin. I have had issue only a cpouple of months agao documented here with this plugin crashing HS.

Thanks for jummping in Greg. I will upgrade this weekend and see what happens.
              -Skybolt

Comment

I've been out of town for a few days, so sorry I didn't see this thread when it was started. First of all, Rupp is right, the thermostats DO drop off the network from time to time, especially when signal is weak. Nothing I can do about that, but I am working on a couple of ways to handle the dropouts better.

Second, have you upgraded to the latest beta release of the plugin? It's posted in the BeakerStat forum, and it was released specifically to address the problem you describe. The version number is 1.3.12335.752. If you're not on that version, please upgrade. I think that will solve your issue.
                HS Pro 3.0 | Linux Ubuntu 16.04 x64 virtualized under Proxmox (KVM)
                Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
                Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
                Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Comment

Also, regarding the error you see at startup:
                  ERROR MarvellDiscoveryProtocol.DiscoverOnIP: Error creating socket: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An address incompatible with the requested protocol was used at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoBind(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress) at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Bind(EndPoint localEP) at HSPI_BEAKERSTAT.MarvellDiscoveryProtocol.DiscoverOnIP(IPAddr ess ipaddr)
                  This is not a critical error (really should have been an information message rather than error). It does not affect the plugin operation, and will not lead to future errors. In the next release this message will be removed.
                  HS Pro 3.0 | Linux Ubuntu 16.04 x64 virtualized under Proxmox (KVM)
                  Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
                  Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
                  Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Comment

Originally posted by reidfo View Post
                    Also, regarding the error you see at startup:

This is not a critical error (really should have been an information message rather than error). It does not affect the plugin operation, and will not lead to future errors. In the next release this message will be removed.
                    Sweet. Even though it never disturbed the function of this excellent plugin that error always bothered me.

Comment

Originally posted by reidfo View Post
                      I've been out of town for a few days, so sorry I didn't see this thread when it was started. First of all, Rupp is right, the thermostats DO drop off the network from time to time, especially when signal is weak. Nothing I can do about that, but I am working on a couple of ways to handle the dropouts better.

Second, have you upgraded to the latest beta release of the plugin? It's posted in the BeakerStat forum, and it was released specifically to address the problem you describe. The version number is 1.3.12335.752. If you're not on that version, please upgrade. I think that will solve your issue.
                      No problem, thanks for responding.
                      I just upgraded HS Pro to the latest beta .77 and your plugin to its beta. Lets see how this goes.

I completly understand the drop out thing. But when events from this plugin can't run do to conectivetly, there should a message of some sort. If you can't verify the setting then maybe read back the value which was just changed to verify, or error on the timeout? Sorry if your already doing this, but this is why I like to be able to program schedules and not rely on events.
                      -Skybolt

Comment

Working...
                      X