This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbe with a CT30 stat

Its been a while since I have worked with scripts in Homeseer, and I just got the CT30 stat and loaded Beakerstat on my homeseer system ( which has been around for years over 3 or 4 computers). Anyway is there a list of scripting commands for beakerstat? I would like to come up with 1 liners for events to control/monitor the stat. If not I can write a script for it too after seeing some examples. So far the stat and Homeseer is great. Thanks

I've not used this plugin but most plugins offer control via events. Do you not see any event options for this plugin?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Hi, thanks for using BeakerStat. The plugin can be controlled via events and scripting. There is a scripting reference guide in the plugin help file (accessed from the plugin configuration page). In addition you can use all the standard HS Thermostat API commands found in the HS documentation (i.e. CmdSetHeat, CmdSetCool, etc).
      HS Pro 3.0 | Linux Ubuntu 16.04 x64 virtualized under Proxmox (KVM)
      Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
      Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
      Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Comment

Hi Rupp. Its been a while. I have picked up bits and pieces of looking throught the threads. I was just wondering if there is a list of commands for this plug. I want to set up a MainLobby screen to control and monitor the stat. I have a basic display of it and have buttons to control it. I want to complete the control part now. Thanks for the response. I have been a long time user of Homeseer and not sure of the jump to HS3 just yet.

Comment

Looks like you crossed posts with the plugin author. Check out reidfo post for more information.
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thanks Reidfo. I'll check it out.

Comment

I loaded this script and I get this error:

Error Running script, script run or compile error in file: Thermoset.txt1006:Expected ')' in line 1 More info: Expected ')'

I am passing it "Thermostat-1A-19-37,-1"

This is the script:

Public Sub Main(byval parm as Object)

' Pass two parameters to this script. First parameter
              ' should be the unit name of the thermostat as reported in
              ' the BeakerStaat configuration Thermostats page.
              ' Second parameter is the number of degrees to raise
              ' or lower setpoint. e.g. "Living Room,-1" would lower by 1 degree.

Dim parms = Split(parm.ToString, ",")
              Dim setpoint As Integer
              Dim index As Integer
              Dim x As Integer
              Dim mode As Integer = 0

index = -1
              ' Get the thermostat index
              For x = 1 To hs.Plugin("BeakerStat").NThermostats()
              If hs.Plugin("BeakerStat").ThermName(x) = parms(0) Then
              index = x
              End If
              Next

If index = -1 Then
              hs.WriteLog("Thermostat", "Thermostat not found")
              Return
              End If

************************************************************ ****************************
              ' Get the current operating mode (Heat or Cool)
              mode = hs.Plugin("BeakerStat").GetModeSet(index, 0)

Select Case mode
              Case 1
              ' Get heat setpoint
              setpoint = hs.Plugin("BeakerStat").GetHeatSet(index, 0)

hs.WriteLog("Thermostat", "Current setpoint is " & setpoint.ToString)

' Compute new setpoint

setpoint = setpoint + Convert.ToInt32(parms(1))

' Set the new setpoint

hs.Plugin("BeakerStat").CmdSetHeat(index, setpoint, 0)

Case 2
              ' Get cool setpoint
              setpoint = hs.Plugin("BeakerStat").GetCoolSet(index, 0)
              hs.WriteLog("Thermostat", "Current setpoint is " & setpoint.ToString)

' Compute new setpoint
              setpoint = setpoint + Convert.ToInt32(parms(1))

' Set the new setpoint
              hs.Plugin("BeakerStat").CmdSetCool(index, setpoint, 0)

Case Else

End Select
              ************************************************************ ****************************

hs.WriteLog("Thermostat", "New setpoint is " & setpoint.ToString)

End Sub

Any ideas???

Also I cant find the API document.

Comment

No comment on this??????

Comment

Looking at your script it's not immediately obvious what the compile error is. I will look at this some more, but I'll admit I'm more of a C# guy than VB/scripting.

The API documentation is at the end of the help file accessed through the BeakerStat configuration page. There are a few specialized scripting commands you can pass to the plugin in addition to the standard thermostat commands documented in the HS API.
                  HS Pro 3.0 | Linux Ubuntu 16.04 x64 virtualized under Proxmox (KVM)
                  Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
                  Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
                  Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Comment

Working...
                  X