Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much time needed between IR commands?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much time needed between IR commands?

Mark,

I am generating IR signals with a script as you know. This of course results in sending IR commands to de plugin in a high speed. I discovered that doing so results in loss of signals, at least the receving devices do not respond.
    I am talking about two devices, both being send a on signal. The first device in the script receives an respond to the on signal, the second device does not receive a signal it seems.
    If I put a hs.waitsecs(1) in between the two commands, it will work ok. I would have expected the plugin would take care of proper timing of sending multiple commands to the BC4. Appearantly it does not.

Do you have a more narrow estimate on the needed timing between two IR commands to send with a script? Now I use the 1 second wait of HS, but maybe it could be done faster that that?

Wim
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Why not just try it with a smaller delay? You can use less than 1 second using hs.waitsecs

For example hs.waitsecs(0.4) will give a delay of 400 milliseconds.
    Jon

Comment

Jon,

Thanks! I was under the impression that waitsecs was only for whole seconds, never expected you could use smaller numbers. I will sure give it a try, saves me from worrying about timers in a script.

I still hope to hear though how much time is officially needed for the BC4 in between commands to execute for IR on the BC4, saves a bit of experimenting Meanwhile I will play with smaller waitsecs.

Wim
      -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

The BC4 Plug-In waits until it has received confirmation from the BC4 that it has completed an IR command before sending another, at least when the commands are coming from "normal" HomeSeer events. I just tested it through the scripting interface, and it appears that you're right, it's not waiting as it should. I'll take a peek at that this morning. Thanks for the heads-up.

Comment

This update should help.

Comment

Mark,

Thanks for the fast response! I will test this tomorrow ( it is getting close to night here) and I will let you know if it worked!

Wim
            -- Wim

Comment

Mark,

I removed the waitsecs in my script en fired away with the updated plugin. It does not mis any signal anymore.
              Thanks for the update!

Wim
              -- Wim

Comment

Working...
              X