This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Control of Windows 7 Media Center

Has anyone had any success using any of the built in codeset to control Microsoft Media Center?

I'm using a Microsoft branded remote receiver and have tried the various codesets that I could find in that category (eg 1267, 1272, 1972). However none seem to work.

I'm loath to start learning an entire code set if I've just overlooked then one I should use or if perhaps someone else had gone through the learning pain and had something they could share?

TIA
    Nicolai
    Nicolai L

Codeset 1272 works great on my HP Media Center PC, but that's with a factory IR receiver, not an "aftermarket" Microsoft receiver.
    You can try the attached file. Inside the zip file is a .bir file (intended to be imported into our Project Editor software), but you can open it in any text or XML editor and get access to the learned IR data for all of these codes, which should probably work with your Microsoft receiver.
    Using the BC4 plugin, you can create new learned codes and simply paste the learned data from this file into the codes in the plugin.
    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks, Mark. I'll give it a whirl.

I have both Microsoft's own IR receiver as well as an HP external receiver. They both seem use the same codeset, ie the Microsoft remote works on both of them. For some reason I could not get 1272 to work, but I guess I'll have to give that one another go as well.
      Nicolai L

Comment

Working...
      X