Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can learned IR via the Project Editor be used in homeseer?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can learned IR via the Project Editor be used in homeseer?

Figured out how to use stored macros. Is there a way to use stored codes?

Not sure what you mean by "stored codes". The BC4 plugin allows you to utilize both learned codes and the on-board factory database codes.

Comment

Originally posted by BitWise_Mark View Post
      Not sure what you mean by "stored codes". The BC4 plugin allows you to utilize both learned codes and the on-board factory database codes.
      If I go to the trouble of creating/importing new devices/ir codes in the project editor (because the included IR database is pretty limited for multi-zone receivers), will I get access to the learned codes in the homeseer plugin once connected to the pro unit? I would only do this to push the center of gravity of the macros into the BCX pro hardware, and those require learned IR codes to control 2,3 zones on receiver hardware. I don't want to have to learn the codes multiple times - once in the project editor and once in the homeseer plugin. I understand it would be for a limited number of codes like volume.

Comment

Learned codes are not stored in the device, whether learned with Project Editor or HomeSeer. They stay with the project/config. Since you can view/edit learned data in both applications, you could learn the codes in one and paste them into the other.

Comment

Working...
        X