This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Garage door relay BC4x1

I am totally confused as to use the relays on the BC4. I got my BC4 setup great for doing IR but just ran at cat6 cable from the garage door opener to my AV closet so that relay1 on my bc4x1 can activate the garage door switch. How in the heck do I wire it at the BC4? I have the + and - comming from the motor and if I touch them together it triggers the door. After hours of searching, trying just about every combo possible I am still no joy.

thanks

This is actually pretty easy. You would connect the two wires to the Common and Normally Open terminals for one of the relays. Then, create a new HomeSeer event using the BC4 Relay actions which will activate the relay, then de-activate it after a momentary delay.

Comment

Thanks Mark. This is all new to me, but boy has it been fun. (I'm not a pro, just a guy with lots of TV's)

I'm actually the one that emailed last night about the BC4 pro upgrade code. When I bought everything a couple of weeks ago I had no idea what I was ordering, so I may have bought the wrong version to be pro. I bought it from the homeseer store. I replied to the email with a copy of the invoice. I got all my devices setup and bought the templates from blackman signature designs but now can't upload the results.

Comment

I responded to your email.

Comment

Working...
        X