This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bc4 12v

Is the 12v output always on? I don't see a way to control it but I can't get it working. My BC-IRI worked for a few hours now nothing from either one of my BC4's. Testing with a multimeter i'm getting no output either. The IRI works when on a 9v battery.

Yes, the +12 feed is active at all times. When powering the BC-IRI from the BC4 +12V terminal, did you connect a 100-ohm resistor in line with the +12 line, as noted in the BC-IRI pack in sheet? There should have been a resistor included with the BC-IRI as well. Otherwise, it has the potential to pop the BC4's internal fuse on the +12 output. If you'd like to send the BC4 in for repair, I can help you make arrangements for that. Alternatively, you can power the BC-IRI with a spare power supply if you have one laying around, it should work fine with anything from 5-12VDC, just be sure to observe proper polarity.

Comment

Yeah I used the resistor. So pretty much if I'm not getting anything from 12v it means the fuse is popped and I gotta send it in to get fixed?

Comment

If you are not seeing 12 volts when you measure between the +12 and GND terminals, the fuse has been blown somehow. If you would like to send it in for repair, let me know and I'll help you make arrangements for that.

Comment

Working...
        X