This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stipus,
    If you connect multiple to one PC how will you get them far enough from the PC to triangluate? USB has such cable restrictions that this will become quite costly.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Here is a solution with cat5 cable for $79.00
      http://www.cablesdirect.com/search_i...word=USB-C5EXT
      Please excuse any spelling and grammatical errors I may make.
      --
      Tasker Plugin / Speech Droid
      Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

If you connect multiple to one PC how will you get them far enough from the PC to triangluate? USB has such cable restrictions that this will become quite costly.
        I'm sure there are solutions... However the BT Lib doesn't support multiple dongles yet.... That's why I had to use 2 additional laptops for my tests.

Could you give a screen dump of the boolean setup on a Widcomm stack?
        I'm having problems understanding the explenation in the HS interface.
        <TABLE id=m_configDataGrid style="BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" cellSpacing=0 rules=all border=1><TBODY><TR><TD>Order</TD><TD>Up</TD><TD>Down</TD><TD>Value</TD><TD>String</TD><TD>Boolean Expression</TD><TD>Edit</TD><TD>Delete</TD></TR><TR><TD>0 </TD><TD>Up</TD><TD>Down</TD><TD>2 </TD><TD>Device very close </TD><TD>@(Network0) > 2 </TD><TD>Edit</TD><TD>Delete</TD></TR><TR><TD>1 </TD><TD>Up</TD><TD>Down</TD><TD>1 </TD><TD>Device signal OK </TD><TD>@(Network0) >= -1 </TD><TD>Edit</TD><TD>Delete</TD></TR><TR><TD>2 </TD><TD>Up</TD><TD>Down</TD><TD>3 </TD><TD>Device far from dongle </TD><TD>@(Network0) > -15 </TD><TD>Edit</TD><TD>Delete</TD></TR><TR><TD>3 </TD><TD>Up</TD><TD>Down</TD><TD>0 </TD><TD>Device is away </TD><TD>true </TD><TD>Edit</TD><TD>Delete</TD></TR><TR><TD><INPUT id=m_configDataGrid__ctl6_addButton type=submit value=Add name=m_configDataGrid:_ctl6:addButton> </TD><TD> </TD><TD> </TD><TD><INPUT id=m_configDataGrid__ctl6_TextBox4 style="WIDTH: 42px" name=m_configDataGrid:_ctl6:TextBox4> </TD><TD><INPUT id=m_configDataGrid__ctl6_TextBox5 name=m_configDataGrid:_ctl6:TextBox5> </TD><TD><INPUT id=m_configDataGrid__ctl6_TextBox6 style="WIDTH: 242px" name=m_configDataGrid:_ctl6:TextBox6> </TD><TD> </TD><TD> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I also would like, the let the staus of the device be the value of the signal strength - could you give a hint?
        <TABLE id=m_configDataGrid style="BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" cellSpacing=0 rules=all border=1><TBODY><TR><TD>Order</TD><TD>Up</TD><TD>Down</TD><TD>Value</TD><TD>String</TD><TD>Boolean Expression</TD><TD>Edit</TD><TD>Delete</TD></TR><TR><TD>0 </TD><TD>Up</TD><TD>Down</TD><TD>-11 </TD><TD>Bellow -10 </TD><TD>@(Network0) < -10 </TD><TD>Edit</TD><TD>Delete</TD></TR><TR><TD>1 </TD><TD>Up</TD><TD>Down</TD><TD>-10 </TD><TD>-10 </TD><TD>@(Network0) == -10 </TD><TD>Edit</TD><TD>Delete</TD></TR><TR><TD>2 </TD><TD>Up</TD><TD>Down</TD><TD>-9 </TD><TD>-9 </TD><TD>@(Network0) == -9 </TD><TD>Edit</TD><TD>Delete</TD></TR><TR><TD>3 </TD><TD>Up</TD><TD>Down</TD><TD>-8 </TD><TD>-8 </TD><TD>@(Network0) == -8 </TD><TD>Edit</TD><TD>Delete</TD></TR><TR><TD>4 </TD><TD>Up</TD><TD>Down</TD><TD>-7 </TD><TD>-7 </TD><TD>@(Network0) == -7 </TD><TD>Edit</TD><TD>Delete</TD></TR><TR><TD>5 </TD><TD>Up</TD><TD>Down</TD><TD>-6 </TD><TD>-6 </TD><TD>@(Network0) == -6 </TD><TD>Edit</TD><TD>Delete</TD></TR><TR><TD>6 </TD><TD>Up</TD><TD>Down</TD><TD>-5 </TD><TD>-5 </TD><TD>@(Network0) == -5 </TD><TD>Edit</TD><TD>Delete</TD></TR><TR><TD>7 </TD><TD>Up</TD><TD>Down</TD><TD>-4 </TD><TD>-4 </TD><TD>@(Network0) == -4 </TD><TD>Edit</TD><TD>Delete</TD></TR><TR><TD>8 </TD><TD>Up</TD><TD>Down</TD><TD>-3 </TD><TD>-3 </TD><TD>@(Network0) == -3 </TD><TD>Edit</TD><TD>Delete</TD></TR><TR><TD>9 </TD><TD>Up</TD><TD>Down</TD><TD>-2 </TD><TD>-2 </TD><TD>@(Network0) == -2 </TD><TD>Edit</TD><TD>Delete</TD></TR><TR><TD>10 </TD><TD>Up</TD><TD>Down</TD><TD>-1 </TD><TD>-1 </TD><TD>@(Network0) == -1 </TD><TD>Edit</TD><TD>Delete</TD></TR><TR><TD>11 </TD><TD>Up</TD><TD>Down</TD><TD>0 </TD><TD>0 </TD><TD>@(Network0) == 0 </TD><TD>Edit</TD><TD>Delete</TD></TR><TR><TD>12 </TD><TD>Up</TD><TD>Down</TD><TD>1 </TD><TD>1 </TD><TD>@(Network0) == 1 </TD><TD>Edit</TD><TD>Delete</TD></TR><TR><TD>13 </TD><TD>Up</TD><TD>Down</TD><TD>2 </TD><TD>2 </TD><TD>@(Network0) == 2 </TD><TD>Edit</TD><TD>Delete</TD></TR><TR><TD>14 </TD><TD>Up</TD><TD>Down</TD><TD>3 </TD><TD>3 </TD><TD>@(Network0) == 3 </TD><TD>Edit</TD><TD>Delete</TD></TR><TR><TD>15 </TD><TD>Up</TD><TD>Down</TD><TD>4 </TD><TD>4 </TD><TD>@(Network0) == 4 </TD><TD>Edit</TD><TD>Delete</TD></TR><TR><TD>16 </TD><TD>Up</TD><TD>Down</TD><TD>5 </TD><TD>5 </TD><TD>@(Network0) == 5 </TD><TD>Edit</TD><TD>Delete</TD></TR><TR><TD>17 </TD><TD>Up</TD><TD>Down</TD><TD>6 </TD><TD>6 </TD><TD>@(Network0) == 6 </TD><TD>Edit</TD><TD>Delete</TD></TR><TR><TD>18 </TD><TD>Up</TD><TD>Down</TD><TD>7 </TD><TD>7 </TD><TD>@(Network0) == 7 </TD><TD>Edit</TD><TD>Delete</TD></TR><TR><TD>19 </TD><TD>Up</TD><TD>Down</TD><TD>8 </TD><TD>8 </TD><TD>@(Network0) == 8 </TD><TD>Edit</TD><TD>Delete</TD></TR><TR><TD>20 </TD><TD>Up</TD><TD>Down</TD><TD>9 </TD><TD>9 </TD><TD>@(Network0) == 9 </TD><TD>Edit</TD><TD>Delete</TD></TR><TR><TD>21 </TD><TD>Up</TD><TD>Down</TD><TD>10 </TD><TD>10 </TD><TD>@(Network0) == 10 </TD><TD>Edit</TD><TD>Delete</TD></TR><TR><TD>22 </TD><TD>Up</TD><TD>Down</TD><TD>11 </TD><TD>More than 10 </TD><TD>@(Network0) > 10 </TD><TD>Edit</TD><TD>Delete</TD></TR><TR><TD><INPUT id=m_configDataGrid__ctl25_addButton type=submit value=Add name=m_configDataGrid:_ctl25:addButton> </TD><TD> </TD><TD> </TD><TD><INPUT id=m_configDataGrid__ctl25_TextBox4 style="WIDTH: 42px" name=m_configDataGrid:_ctl25:TextBox4> </TD><TD><INPUT id=m_configDataGrid__ctl25_TextBox5 name=m_configDataGrid:_ctl25:TextBox5> </TD><TD><INPUT id=m_configDataGrid__ctl25_TextBox6 style="WIDTH: 242px" name=m_configDataGrid:_ctl25:TextBox6> </TD><TD> </TD><TD> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Here is a solution with cat5 cable for $79.00
        Hey nice thanks !!!
        --
        stipus

Comment

How do I chose Widcomm stack method together with BT Connector?
          Just delete the BlueToolsMS.dll driver from hs root or do I have to do anything more?
          --
          Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

You mean that you have the Widcomm Bluetooth Software installed on your PC, but the plugin keeps using the Microsoft stack ????

There is something I could do to force which stack to use in case several are installed. I know how to do this, however, this is not in the current plugin build.

You can try removing the BlueToolsMS.dll driver, and tell me if it works. If it doesn't I'll try to implement a new setting for the next build.
            --
            stipus

Comment

Okey thanks, not shure what I mean realy??
              I was to fast to install the new HS 2.1 Beta before I read the problem with some plugin.
              --
              Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

can't load config

I am getting an error on startup and am not able to view config.
                HS 2.1.102

SteveD
                Attached Files

Comment

Here is what I get when opening config.
                  Attached Files

Comment

I know that Stipus has some problems with the new 2.1 version but he seems to have vanished for the moment....I hope he's ok.

Comment

I hope he is OK too. I ran it for quite a while with no problems so a couple weeks ago I added home and away conditions to a lot of events.

Comment

Stipus,

What about creating a new thread outlining all the confirmed working / non working Bluetooth Adapters, maybe include make, model, and stack methods.

I have been looking for BT adapters that should work, but everytime I hit a store, their inventory changes, so I keep researching and not buying any, as the first unit I bought used Blue Soleil.

I am sure the BT Connector users will chime in real quick to help build this list.

Steven

Comment

I have already tried to get this piece of information from the Franson support forum (Franson is the company I bought the Bluetooth support dlls from), and I got no answer...

In fact I understand it's quite difficult to build such a list because the dongles should all work, it's just the BT stacks that are provided with the dongles that are often buggy (as franson said...).

Furthermore, the version of the stack provided with a dongle might change... For example, if you buy a MSI Starkey, there are at least 2 versions (one with the Bluesoleil stack, one with the Widcomm stack), and there is no way to tell which version you get from the package.... you need to open it, note the dongle ID printed on the sticker, and search this reference on the MSI site in order to find the associated stack... it's a real mess !

The major PITA is the Widcomm policy: they decided they would never release bug fixes for their stack on their own Web site. This means each dongle vendor has to buy the newer fixed stack from Widcomm, test it, and release it on their own web site... needless to say most dongle vendors do not offer upgrades.... and users are left with a buggy stack...

And the last problem is that Franson didn't release any bluetooth support dll update since last July.... and it seems some versions work better with some stacks, while others work better with other stack versions...

Hopefully, HST's plugin trial policy is here to help: you have 30 days to test if the plugin is compatible with your BT dongle/stack, and decide if you want to buy. The other good point is that most dongles are compatible with the native Microsoft XP SP2 bluetooth stack, and the plugin works well with this stack (but you don't get signal strength).
                          --
                          stipus

Comment

Picking the Widdcomm stack...

Originally posted by stipus View Post
                            You mean that you have the Widcomm Bluetooth Software installed on your PC, but the plugin keeps using the Microsoft stack ????

There is something I could do to force which stack to use in case several are installed. I know how to do this, however, this is not in the current plugin build.

You can try removing the BlueToolsMS.dll driver, and tell me if it works. If it doesn't I'll try to implement a new setting for the next build.
                            Hi Stipus,

This is the situation I am in.

I've got a Belkin Bluetooth Dongle which comes with the Broadcom/Widdcomm stack (Broadcom bought Widdcomm). I'm running HomeSeer on a Vista PC. I've downloaded the latest driver from the Broadcom site.

I've tried lots of different ways of uninstalling the MS Bluetooth Stack but to no avail.

I've bought your excellent HomeSeer Bluetooth Connector and it works well with the Microsoft stack but I want to use it with my Widdcomm stack which I believe is installed in parallel to the Microsoft stack. If I rename BlueToolsMS.dll the plugin fails to start.

Note: When I look at the driver details for my bluetooth dongle it reads: Broadcom not Microsoft.

I know I could settle for using the Microsoft stack but I've got 3 computers arranged over 2 floors and would like to try triangulating my position using the signal strength feature offered by the Widdcomm stack.

If you could provide a mechanism for me to force the use of the widdcomm stack instead of the Microsoft stack that would be perfect.

Comment

scorbett,

I just made a change to force the stack to widcomm.

Shutdown HS, rename current hspi_bt.dll to hspi_bt.old, copy the new hspi_bt.dll to the HS directory, restart HS and tell me if it worked.

Note to others: don't try this version with the MS stack... as stack is forced to widcomm and it may fail...

Best regards,
                              Last edited by stipus; December 4, 2009, 06:41 PM.
                              --
                              stipus

Comment

he there , is it possible to get this to work on windows 2003 server? this plugin looks excellent .. but I cant get it to work..

I understand that windows 2003 does not come with a bluetooth stack, but wondered if anyone has managed to get it to work

cheers
                                chris

Comment

Working...
                                X