Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stipus, yes its working fine with "other" software.. it is using the Widcomm stack.

I played with Clicker by Stalling and basically I know its working, when I tried your plugin using 2041 I went to config and click discover, it was then left alone for around 15 minutes, when I came back there was nothing discovered.

At this time I dont see it as a problem so dont spend any time working on it, once Malarcy`s plugin comes out, this weekend I hope, I shall try that one.. I have tried a couple of betas from him and that picks up my phone.

Thanks for trying, TrOjAn

Comment

Trojan,

The scanning process should take about 10s or less. If nothing has been discovered, you should click the "scan" button again. This happened once during my testings.

Also, I thought Malarcy's plugin was specific to the Microsoft stack, and wouldn't run using the Widcomm.

stipus
      --
      stipus

Comment

Your correct - my app (not really a HS plugin) does only work on the MS stack. Widcomm would be nice but their SDK is too expensive and I am not planning to sell my app so I wouldn't cover the cost of the bluetooth library.

Malarcy

Comment

Doesn't seem to be working. HS found my phone no problem but turning off Discovery on the phone, HS still reports 1, then turing off BT on the phone, the status has not changed.

Not sure what I am doing wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by JB NY
            Doesn't seem to be working. HS found my phone no problem but turning off Discovery on the phone, HS still reports 1, then turing off BT on the phone, the status has not changed.

Not sure what I am doing wrong.
            I had the same problem using the connectservice and the MS stack, try using one of the other services (discoverservice or autodiscocery)

Nick

Comment

Originally posted by Malarcy
              Your correct - my app (not really a HS plugin) does only work on the MS stack. Widcomm would be nice but their SDK is too expensive and I am not planning to sell my app so I wouldn't cover the cost of the bluetooth library.

Malarcy
              Thats no problem, Ill change back to the M$ stack....

Comment

Originally posted by nick777
                I had the same problem using the connectservice and the MS stack, try using one of the other services (discoverservice or autodiscocery)
                Nick
                I'm using the WidComm stack. I've switched to all the different services they all seem to keep the BT pluging from moving off of 1. When I first set it up I saw it polling. When I had to give it a house code I made a typo at first and hit save. Then I fixed it. When I went back to the status page I noticed two BT deviced, one with the typo and the other the fixed one. I deleted the typo BT device. Since then it has not seemed to work. Maybe the deletion of the first BT device had something to do with it?

The one BT device in HS I can edit from the gui and from the ini file and it works, I just don't get updates.

Comment

If you change the device code, the old homeseer device won't be removed automatically. You can delete it manually as you did.

If it doesn't work with the new homeseer device, you can try to start the plugin in Debug mode, and send me the log.

hspi_bt.ini
                  -------------

[Settings]
                  Debug=True
                  DebugWait=0

I will publish a new version tonight with a lot more debugging output, a few default parameter changes, and a more advanced configuration web interface.

stipus
                  --
                  stipus

Comment

Version V0.22 posted (see attached file)

Change log:

- Fixed a bug in the ConnectService poll method. The poll service number could be initialized to 0 in some cases. 0 is not a valid service number, and the ConnectService poll method would fail.

- Changed default poll method to DiscoverService instead of ConnectService

- Changed default auto discovery refresh interval to 0 (= as fast as possible). It was 10 seconds previously.

- Added a 'Delete' action to the device list (in the web configuration interface).

- Added a network list (in the web configuration interface). Currently only Network0 is supported, but more BT Networks (dongles) will be supported soon. You can edit the Auto Discovery mode and refresh interval through this page.

- Added a lot of debug log if [Settings] Debug=True in hspi_bt.ini.

- Changed the default HomeSeer device name (Device id is replaced with device name)

- Changed all log messages with device id to device name.

Please send me as much feedback as possible.

stipus
                    Last edited by stipus; February 26, 2006, 05:59 PM.
                    --
                    stipus

Comment

deleted the device and installed the new 0.22 version. BT seems to be working great now. I'll test as much as I can think of tomorrow and give you some feedback.

Comment

OK, some feedback. I have a Dell AXIM X30 and a Motorola E815. I had no luck at all with 0.1, it found both devices but would never changed status.

When I installed 0.2 I could turn on and off the PDA and geta status change. I would get status change turning on and off the phone as long as the headset was not connected. Periodically the phone would disappear and reappear.

With 0.22 the phone has only disappeard and reappeared three times in the last eight hours. This has all been in DiscoveryService mode.

Should I be getting the web interface with 0.22?

SteveD

Comment

As each BT device is a little different, you have to experiment with several Poll methods before finding a good solution.

I have tested several PDA (Windows Mobile and Palm), and most of them shut down the Bluetooth connection randomly while asleep. For those, I think the best polling method is AutoDiscovery. I found while experimenting with a Treo 650 (Palm) that if the phone is very busy running some application (high CPU usage), then the BT device would also sometimes disapear randomly.

Should I be getting the web interface with 0.22?
                          Yes you should get the web configuration interface with 0.22 too. You have to copy all files from the ZIP file, including all the files in the html directory and subdirectories. The web interface is available in HomeSeer2 SETUP / INTERFACES / choose BT Connector then click CONFIG.

stipus
                          --
                          stipus

Comment

I notice that my BT connection will be good for 10 minutes or so then it will disappear for a minute then reappear the next minute and be good for a while. Is it possible to config it so that the device status will not change unless the change is the same (meaning 0 or 1) for a certain amount of time, or polls? Hope that makes sense. I think this would help when the BT connection randomly drops only to reappear at the next poll.

Comment

That's a very good suggestion.

I'm going to add a new parameter for each device: number of similar polls before homeseer status change.

If you have an idea how I can label the column (1 or 2 words) for this parameter...

[Edit] maybe "confirm poll" ????

stipus
                              Last edited by stipus; February 25, 2006, 07:17 PM.
                              --
                              stipus

Comment

Status Change?

That way it would be the number of polls till the status changes?

Comment

Working...
                                X