This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have updated to a newer computer

Just about everything is working ok. When I click the config on the bluetooth connector I am getting a error: I also am getting on other setup also, even using the updater. But they all are differant, this is the one for bluetooth, the program I use the most:

Server Error in '/' Application. <HR color=silver SIZE=1 width="100%">

Runtime Error

Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<TABLE width="100%" bgColor=#ffffcc><TBODY><TR><TD><CODE>
    <!-- Web.Config Configuration File --><configuration> <system.web> <customErrors mode="Off"/> </system.web></configuration></PRE></CODE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<TABLE width="100%" bgColor=#ffffcc><TBODY><TR><TD><CODE>
    <!-- Web.Config Configuration File --><configuration> <system.web> <customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/> </system.web></configuration></PRE></CODE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    </P>
    danielbo

Comment

Daniel,

Try to open the same window, using a web-navigator on the same computer as HomeSeer. (Not from a remote computer).

This will print the real error message, and help me to understand wha's happening.
      --
      stipus

Comment

It looks like the same, but I really hope this helps:
        Server Error in '/' Application.
        --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Runtime Error
        Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.
        Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->
        <configuration>
        <system.web>
        <customErrors mode="Off"/>
        </system.web>
        </configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->
        <configuration>
        <system.web>
        <customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
        </system.web>
        </configuration>
        danielbo

Comment

You have to run the navigator from the HomeSeer computer to get the error message.
          --
          stipus

Comment

Originally posted by stipus View Post
            You have to run the navigator from the HomeSeer computer to get the error message.

I sorry, but I dont know what you mean. I am just clicking the config icon. When I ran the update I am getting a error message also saying:
            Error copying file HomeSeer.chm Please close or kill this process: Could not find file 'c:\documents and settings\danielbo\local settings\temp\hsupdate\homeseer.chm.

I just wonder if this is part of my problems. I looked for this file, but no luck, also looked on the old computer and still no luck.
            danielbo

Comment

You need to log on the HomeSeer computer. Then use the Web Browser from this session.

If you use a web browser from a remote computer, the error is not shown for security reasons.
              --
              stipus

Comment

All of the error messages did come from the homeseer computer. I get the same message either way, but I did copy all of the error messages from the computer that runs homeseer on it.
                danielbo

Comment

I have reformated my hard drive and reinstalled. All seems fine now, just one problem. BT can not find my phone. I have deleted the program and reinstalled it and still nothing. No errors now, which is great, but it just can not find my phone. I love this program, its the best one that I have. I use it for a lot of things, so I hope you have an idea on what I could do.
                  Thank and sorry for all the problems, atleast no errors now.
                  danielbo

Comment

On most phones, you need to enable BT Detection in one of the menus. This is not enabled by default to spare battery life.
                    --
                    stipus

Comment

I had exactly the same problem, it couldn't find my phone. The answer for me was simple - first pair your phone with your computer with the HomeSeer application not running (if not already paired). Restart Homeseer and go to the BT congig screen straight away to detect your phone.

This works - I have 11 phones successfully paired with this connector and it's running every day

Comment

dag it! I had hope that would work. I paired it with my computer with no problem. Then I restarted homeseer and no luck. I tried it a couple of times. I will keep trying, but open for ideas.
                        danielbo

Comment

Originally posted by rlailey View Post
                          I had exactly the same problem, it couldn't find my phone. The answer for me was simple - first pair your phone with your computer with the HomeSeer application not running (if not already paired). Restart Homeseer and go to the BT congig screen straight away to detect your phone.

This works - I have 11 phones successfully paired with this connector and it's running every day

did you sync computer to phone or phone to computer?
                          Thanks
                          danielbo

Comment

OK, I got it working. I deleted the dll file and restored the program from the one that I downloaded off of the homeseer page and didnt use the updater. It worked, but now I am a little confused on what to set my config page on. Connect service, Discover service or Auto discover.
                            I thought also that Stipus told me not to link my computer with the phone, not sure.
                            Bluetooth is set to on, on my phone and the computer found it, plus now btconnect found it, but the phone isnt blinking a blue light like it did before, nor is the light on the blue on my blue tooth connector on the computer and I have two of them and tried them both.
                            I have shut off the bluetooth on the phone and its not changing my connect status.
                            I dont know if changing to a new computer was worth all this, but this is the last thing I have to get working.
                            Thanks in advance for any suggestions or comments. I love this program and use it for a lot of things, so this is the one that I am missing the most. I use it to turn so many things off when I leave the house, it is so cool the way it works.
                            danielbo

Comment

Please Help

As you can see, the program has been work perfectly. But something happened over the weekend and I can not get it working again. I hadn't done anything to the phone or homeseer. But over the weekend the phone did some type of a update, the only thing I seen different was the screen on my droid. Could you help me with step by step on how to remove it, and restall it? I would really appreciate it. I use it with my oxygen machine so when I am home it will run, and when I leave it will shut off. This really helped my electric bill, so I would love to get it back working, So any help would greatly be appreciated and thank you in advance,
                              Danielbo
                              danielbo

Comment

Just downloaded the plugin to have a play.

my iphone was already paired with the HS computer so i removed it from the bluetooth devices and from the plugin.

now i cannot get it to find the phone again. i have even re-paired it with the HS computer and however often i tell the plugin to scan for bluetooth devices it doesnt come up with the phone. the phone is on, and whether it is in discovery mode or not, the PC can see it (i see that in the operating system BT devices window) but the plugin resists.

Anyone any ideas?

If i try disabling the plugin and reenabling i get in the log:

1/3/2012 00:22:04 Plug-In Shutting down generic Plug-In: BT Connector
                                1/3/2012 00:22:11 Plug-In Interface BT Connector is running as a trial, 29 days remaining.
                                1/3/2012 00:22:11 BT Connector BT Connector 2.48.2.2 Copyright 2006 stipus@stipus.com
                                1/3/2012 00:22:11 Plug-In Initializing Plug-in: BT Connector
                                1/3/2012 00:22:11 Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in BT Connector
                                1/3/2012 00:22:11 BT Connector Error loading [Network 0] from hspi_bt.ini: Manager disposed! Cannot be called after Manager.Dispose() has been called.

Tried one other thing: i exited HS and then restarted it. the plugin came up with no errors so i went into its config page. it now is hung saying Please Wait ... loading config parameters

is this data enough for someone to spot what's wrong?

Simon
                                Last edited by simonog; February 29, 2012, 07:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X