This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which Bluetooth stack are you using ?

The plugin only works with the Widcomm stack or the Microsoft XP SP2 stack.
    --
    stipus

Comment

The Homeseer start-up reports the WIDCOMM stack...

29/8/2006 09:56:43 - BT Connector - BT Connector V0.30.2.1 Copyright 2006 stipus@stipus.com
      29/8/2006 09:56:43 - Info - Initializing Plug-in: BT Connector
      29/8/2006 09:56:44 - BT Connector - Network0: WidComm Bluetooth Stack 5.0.1.801 Enabled= True AutoDiscovery=True AutoDiscoveryInterval=0
      29/8/2006 09:56:44 - BT Connector - 0 Bluetooth device(s) configured
      29/8/2006 09:56:44 - Info - Finished initializing plug-in BT Connector

I can communicate with the phone OK via Bluetooth Neighbourhood, so can't think what the problem is. I still don't see any networks in the config page. When I press the "Scan Devices" button, it either

1) Page times out
      2) Activity bar at the bottom moves, completes then nothing.
      3) I get the error as listed in my last post.

Roland

Comment

I think you may have both stacks (SP2 and Widcomm) installed at the same time.

You should try to remove one from your system.

If you search "widcomm remove sp2 stack", on google, you will find many procedures to remove the widcomm or the XP SP2 stack.

Here is a link I found to remove the XP SP2 stack:
        http://www.geekzone.co.nz/forums.asp...8&TopicId=2229

Regards,
        --
        stipus

Comment

Thanks for your continued support on this. I managed to remove the WIDCOMM stack, and now BT Connector reports the Microsoft Stack.

I have been at this for a few hours with two different mobile phones, and I now realise that I can only use "ConnectService" as a method of polling. I'm OK with this, except that it activates the phone's screen at every poll.

Any idea why this happens, or why AutoDiscover and Discover Service fail to find the 'phones? I seem to be able to use all the various services with the "Bluetooth devices" utility in windows.

I'm using a Motorola Razr V3 and Motorola Razr V3i, and a Compaq iPaq.

Roland

Comment

If you want autodiscovery to work, you must activate a bluetooth parameter on your phone. On my phone (Treo 650), the parameter is called 'detection: ON/OFF'

I have no clue why the 'discover service' poll method doesn't work.

stipus
            --
            stipus

Comment

Problems Upgrading to 2.122

I just upgraded to HS 2.1.122 from 2.1.104 and I'm receiving the following error message when clicking on the configuration button from Setup in HS. I did copy the new homeseer dll files into the bt directory. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Server Error in '/' Application. <HR width="100%" color=silver SIZE=1>

Configuration Error

Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level. This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS.

Source Error:

<TABLE width="100%" bgColor=#ffffcc><TBODY><TR><TD><CODE>

Line 46: by Microsoft that offers a single logon and core profile services for member sites.Line 47: -->Line 48: <authentication mode="Windows"/>Line 49: <!-- AUTHORIZATION Line 50: This section sets the authorization policies of the application. You can allow or deny access</PRE></CODE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
              Source File: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer\html\hspi_bt\web.config Line: 48
              </P>

Comment

Since HS 2.2 beta, the way ASPX pages are handled has changed. That's why I'm waiting for a release to send new version of my plugins to the updater.

1) Replace the web.config file in the HS2/html/hspi_bt directory with the attached file.

2) You should try to remove most dlls from the html/hspi_bt/bin directory

On my HS 2.2 server, the config pages are ok with only the following dlls in the bin directory:

App_code.dll
                App_global.asax.dll
                App_Web_xxxxx.dll

Notes:

1) xxxxx may vary.
                2) Don't remove the .compiled files
                3) My personalized Global.asax is not executed anymore by the HS server, and since the HomeSeer header and footer was printed from global.asax, it will not appear on screen anymore.

Please tell me if it works as I have been working on my current version, and the behavior might be a little different.
                Last edited by stipus; December 4, 2009, 06:43 PM.
                --
                stipus

Comment

Stipus,

I followed your instructions and now the devicelist.aspx page opens but with this text:

This is a marker file generated by the precompilation tool, and should not be deleted!

Glyn

Comment

I'll post to the forum a new version of the plugin (tested to work with latest beta HomeSeer 2.1.130) in the next 24H.

stipus
                    --
                    stipus

Comment

I did post to the forum a new version of the plugin, tested with HS 2.1.130

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=115666

Regards,

stipus
                      --
                      stipus

Comment

Working...
                      X