X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error looking-up SID: 1332

Hello,

I have recently installed the BT connector plugin via the updater on homeseer 2.1 and I'm recieving the following message on initialisation:-

Initializing interface: BT Connector->Error looking-up SID: 1332

When I try to configure the plugin in the setup / interfaces screen I get:-

Calling ConfigIO for BT Connector

I'm running the WIDCOMM stack, v4.0.1.2401 dated 23/08/2005 and bt connector v0.28.2257.31754

The PC is a dell server running SBS2003, I was running as a service but now I am running from the admin login, this was due to prompts appearing during plugin install.

I have seen this issue posted elsewhere and the resolution was a reinstall of XP, this is not an option for me as the server install is a full days work.

I think the very first install of the BT connector was done when hs was running as a service logged on as "local system", is this the problem?

The PC is seeing all BT devices, connecting and working okay, the SMS plugin is working fine to my Motorola L6.

The plugin look great from the other threads and I would reallly like to get this working.

Many thanks,

Paul

Can you try the updated version available through the forum:

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=111846

I'm currently working on a new version that won't be using the computer SID. I don't know why, but the API returning the SID might not work correctly on SBS2003.

stipus
    --
    stipus

Comment

Stipus,

Yes, I originaly installed via the updater but when the problem arose I took the 2.1 update.

My process for the update was as follows:-

Remove all the bt dll's and bt files from the root of homeseer, I then removed the config's and the bt html directory.

The zip, maintaining the directory structure, was put in to the clean homeseer folder.

Homeseer restarted and attempted to restart the plugin but errored again.

I have found some stuff quite fussy on SBS, specifically with users etc, for example, when run from a local terminal the hs speaker application sees the audio card okay, from remote login the card is non-existent. I did the original install via remote login and the updater whilst HS was running as a service. HS locked up after the install due to it wanting to display popups and the "service" didn't allow this. I restarted hs as a program and it seemed to recover.

Does this help at all?

The plug-in seems really useful for "authenticating" people, it's my intention to use it in conjunction with the SMS plugin to send an SMS should the house alarm be disabled or activated when the BT signal for authoised phones is not present.

Many thanks,

Paul

Comment

I'm still working on it.

Error 1332 while calling the LookupAccountName() API means the Windows security database did not find a matching SID for your computer name.

Can you tell me what is your computer name ? (Open a CMD.EXE prompt, type SET, and send me what's in the COMPUTERNAME entry).

Are you using SBS with another domain controller or is it a standalone server ?

TIA,
        --
        stipus

Comment

Can you try this small program, and tell me if you get a computer SID, or the same error 1332.

http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/PsGetSid.html

TIA,
          --
          stipus

Comment

Stipus,

Thanks for looking in to this....

I ran the utility and got the following output

SID for \\THEDALES-SBS:
            S-1-5-21-3538481253-763468572-2221793934

The server is running as a domain controller for my home network.

I hope this helps,

Paul

Comment

I just found out that the LookupAccountName() API shouldn't be called with the computer name on a domain controller, but should be called with the domain name instead.

I built a new version of the plugin that tries to Lookup the domain name when there is an error 1332 with the computername.

Unfortunately, I have no DC with HomeSeer, and I can't test my fix. I'll post this new version ASAP for you to try.

stipus

Originally posted by paulcdale
              Stipus,

Thanks for looking in to this....

I ran the utility and got the following output

SID for \\THEDALES-SBS:
              S-1-5-21-3538481253-763468572-2221793934

The server is running as a domain controller for my home network.

I hope this helps,

Paul
              --
              stipus

Comment

I did post to the forum a new version of the plugin, tested with HS 2.1.130

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=115666

Regards,

stipus
                --
                stipus

Comment

Working...
                X