Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bluetooth Connector 0.31.2.2 (for HS 2.2 beta)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bluetooth Connector 0.31.2.2 (for HS 2.2 beta)

[EDIT] Attachement removed. See here for an updated version:
    http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=115692

Here is a new version of the Bluetooth Connector plugin for HomeSeer 2.2 beta:

As you may know, ASPX processing has changed a lot with HomeSeer 2.2 beta, and the Configuration pages could not be loaded anymore.

Change Log:

- Upgraded the Bluetooth support Library to V1.20 (was V1.10 in all the previous versions)
    - Reworked the ASPX config pages to support HS2.2 beta
    - Changed the way the configuration interface displays HomeSeer page header and footer.
    - Added a warning to the HS Event Log in case of missing hardware (BT key)
    - Added some help message in the Web configuration interface.
    - Tried to fix a nasty bug occuring when the plugin is ran on a Windows domain Controller.
    - Tested with HS 2.1.130

To install or upgrade:

1) Download the attached .ZIP

2) Unzip the archive without flattening the file tree (there are subdirectories that must be kept)

3) Shutdown HomeSeer

4) If you are upgrading, DELETE the HomeSeer 2/html/hspi_bt directory

5) Copy all unziped files and subdirectories to your HomeSeer 2 directory.

If you are upgrading you have to accept replacing the bluetooth support dlls, as all these files are new versions.

6) Restart HomeSeer
    Last edited by stipus; September 10, 2006, 03:58 PM.
    --
    stipus

Hi

When installing this version I get the following when hitting the config button..

I am running HS version 2.1.102.0

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Greg

Server Error in '/' Application.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Could not load file or assembly 'hspi_bt, Version=0.31.2.2, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
    Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'hspi_bt, Version=0.31.2.2, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine why the assembly 'hspi_bt, Version=0.31.2.2, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' could not be loaded.

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
    To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
    Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
    To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

Stack Trace:

[FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'hspi_bt, Version=0.31.2.2, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.]
    hspi_bt_web.DeviceList.LoadPluginObjects() +0
    hspi_bt_web.DeviceList.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +18
    System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +13
    System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Obje ct sender, EventArgs e) +45
    System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +80
    System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +49
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3745

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.42; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.42

Comment

Stipus,

Thank you for your fix to my original "Domain" issue, the fix works and the error has now gone.

I am now seeing the above "Server Error in '/' Application" error as detailed above.

Your domain fix seems to have worked, but introduced another config issue.

Many thanks for your ongoing efforts.

Paul

Comment

This plugin version is for HomeSeer 2.1.122 and up (HS 2.2 beta). It has been tested only with HomeSeer 2.1.130.

If you want to make it work with HS 2.1.102, you have to copy the file HomeSeer 2\hspi_bt.dll to HomeSeer 2\html\hspi_bt\bin

I just downgraded HomeSeer to 2.1.102, got the same error as you experienced, and after the dll had been copied to the bin directory, it worked.

I'm really sorry for all this mess.

Regards,

stipus
        --
        stipus

Comment

Did it work ?

If so I will update the zip file, and add the hspi_bt.dll file to the html/hspi_bt/bin directory.

Thanks,

stipus
          --
          stipus

Comment

Stipus,

I am not sure whether I am doing something wrong but I updatec the plugin and it all starts correctly. When I click on the config button nothing happens. Am I getting something wrong?

Comment

Nothing at all is happening ?

You are using HS 2.1.105 ?
              Did you copy the hspi_bt.dll file to the html/hspi_bt/bin directory ?
              --
              stipus

Comment

Stipus I am using 2.1.130 and followed your instructions above and now receiving this message when scanning for devices.

Server Error in '/' Application.

Bluetooth is disabled. The MS Bluetooth stack cannot be found (first device).
                Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Exception: Bluetooth is disabled. The MS Bluetooth stack cannot be found (first device).

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[Exception: Bluetooth is disabled. The MS Bluetooth stack cannot be found (first device).]
                System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessag e(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg) +1780130
                System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(Mess ageData& msgData, Int32 type) +826
                HSPI_BT.BtScanner.ScanForNewDevices() +0
                hspi_bt_web.DeviceList.scanButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) +24
                System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) +75
                System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +98
                System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEven tHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +7
                System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +11
                System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +33
                System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +4921

Comment

ghaynie:

Do you have the Widcomm stack reported when the plugin is initialized ? If so, you can read posts #15 to #19 in this thread: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=114129

Darren:

I successfully reproduced the problem. I don't understand what's happening yet, but I found that the deprecated function ConfigIO() is called by HomeSeer instead of GenPage().

I also found that I can access the Bluetooth Connector config page if I disable the Instant Messenging Connector and restart HomeSeer. I don't understand the relation between the two yet !!!

stipus
                  --
                  stipus

Comment

Stipus,

I am using the MicroSoft stack not the Widcomm stack and it does initialize when starting Homeseer. I can also connect to my bluetooth devices through the bluetooth software.

This is from the log:

Network0: Microsoft Bluetooth Stack 5.1.0.2600 Enabled= False AutoDiscovery=False AutoDiscoveryInterval=30

I have the enabled set to false and then enable after homeseer starts. When set to enabled and I start homeseer it will prevent homeseer from starting "most times".

Glyn

Comment

Daren:

I found the problem between IM Connector and BT Connector... a stupid copy/paste without checking. The ConfigLinkName was the same between both plugins ! I'll post a new version of the BT Connector as soon as I have finished testing everything again (in a few hours).

ghaynie:

You are saying that the plugin prevents HomeSeer to start if Network0 is enabled ? I think there is a problem in your bluetooth stack setup. Are you sure you are not using Bluesoleil stack or any other BT stack ?

I checked the same error in the Bluetools support forum and I found this from the author of the bluetooth library:

What kind of dongle is it? Because the error "Bluetooth is disabled. The MS Bluetooth stack cannot be found(first device)" basically means that BlueTools can't detect the dongle.

Just because BlueTools says it uses Microsoft stack is not proof. Since the Microsoft stack is installed on Windows XP (w/ SP2) BlueTools will detect the stack, but it doesn't necessarily mean that the dongle uses that stack.
                      --
                      stipus

Comment

Stipus,

Yes the new dongle (DLINK) I was trying was using a Toshiba stack. I changed back to my old one and the plug in picked up my devices.

Thanks,

Glyn

Comment

Originally posted by stipus
                          Nothing at all is happening ?

You are using HS 2.1.105 ?
                          Did you copy the hspi_bt.dll file to the html/hspi_bt/bin directory ?
                          Stipus,

Yes I am using 105 and I copied the dll file into the correct location...no web pages seem to load...its strange...but the plugin correctly loads.

Cheers,

Darren

Code:
                          [size=1]10/09/2006 08:57:52  - BT Connector - BT Connector V0.31.2.2 Copyright 2006 [/size][email="stipus@stipus.com"][size=1]stipus@stipus.com[/size][/email]
                          [size=1]10/09/2006 08:57:52  - Info - Initializing Plug-in: BT Connector
                          10/09/2006 08:57:52  - BT Connector - Network0: WidComm Bluetooth Stack 3.0.1.912 Enabled= True AutoDiscovery=True AutoDiscoveryInterval=0
                          10/09/2006 08:57:52  - BT Connector - 0 Bluetooth device(s) configured
                          10/09/2006 08:57:53  - Info - Finished initializing plug-in BT Connector[/size]
                          [size=1][/size]

Comment

I know what's happening. This is my fault and because the ConfigLink name is the same as in the Instant Messenging Connector.
                            I'll release a new version of the BT plugin in a few hours.

Temporarily, if you want to access the Bluetooth plugin configuration page you can disable the Instant Messenging Connector, and restart homeseer...

I'm currently working on the Instant Messenging Updater package. As soon as it has been sent to the updater, I'll release a new Bluetooth Connector to the forum.
                            --
                            stipus

Comment

A new version is available here:

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=115692

stipus
                              --
                              stipus

Comment

Working...
                              X