X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need to see the light....well alright flashing bluetooth LEDS

OKI would like to understand if the following is possible:

I have multiple computers around the house all with Bluetooth....

The range from the HS system where the bluetooth dongle is installed means that the range is very limited.

Is it possible to have the various computers report back to the central HS system the location of the bluetooth devices.

I have seen in the documentation about the various networks but how does this help me when the BT dongles are on different systems.

Thanks

Cheers,

Darren

Everything is ready in the plugin for what you are asking for (multiple networks, local vs remote networks, conditions on multiple networks...) however, I never had enough time to create the bluetooth client.

I'm currently working on upgrading the Direct Input plugin for HS2.1, and also testing some new sip libraries for the SIP plugin... As soon as I can find some time, I will code the bluetooth client. You will be able to install it on your secondary computers, and it will report to the main plugin.

Now I know who is going to beta test this

Can you tell me if everythink looks OK in the current version, so that I can send it to the updater. Thanks in advance,

stipus
    --
    stipus

Comment

Thanks for the explanation...if you need me to try your client out just let me know. The functionality sounds really good.

I have had no errors running your new build under HS 2.1 build 105.

Thanks

Darren

Comment

Thanks a lot for your report. I sent the package to the updater as soon as I read it.

stipus
        --
        stipus

Comment

Darren,

Do you have the HomeSeer speaker installed on your secondary computer (the one with your secondary BT dongle) ?

I'm asking this because I tried this afternoon several ways to communicate between the test Bluetooth Client and the plugin, and the easiest is to use the same method as the Speaker, which requires some homeseer dlls to be installed on the secondary computer.

TIA,
          --
          stipus

Comment

Yes I have a network of 5 computers based on a local LAN and 1 connecting in over the internet.

All of these have speaker clients.

Does this help?

Cheers,

Darren

Comment

Yes thanks !

I'm currently working on the Bluetooth Client.

This is going quite fast as this was already planned in the plugin, and I now found a solution for communication between the client and the plugin (as long as the speaker is installed on the remote PC).

Most of the remaining code is copy/paste, so I hope to release a first beta soon.
              --
              stipus

Comment

Stipus,

That would be excellent.....just a quick question...
                What happen if the remote client was shutdown....?

Say kids computers not powered during the daytime but evenings, weekends etc they are...

Cheers,

Darren

Comment

When a remote client is shut down, bluetooth signal strengh from this client to the Bluetooth devices will always be reported as Int32.MinValue (-2147483648 )

Then it's the responsibility of the user (you), to setup the right boolean expression in the Configure Device Page, so that you get the HomeSeer Device value you need.

Example:

If Network0 is the bluetooth dongle on the HS server, and Network1 is the bluetooth dongle on your remote computer, you can setup the following expressions:

<TABLE id=m_configDataGrid style="BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" cellSpacing=0 rules=all border=1><TBODY><TR><TD>Order</TD><TD>Up</TD><TD>Down</TD><TD>Value</TD><TD>String</TD><TD>Boolean Expression</TD><TD>Edit</TD><TD>Delete</TD></TR><TR><TD>0 </TD><TD>Up</TD><TD>Down</TD><TD>1 </TD><TD>Device is detected </TD><TD>@(Network0)>=0 || @(Network1)>=0</TD><TD>Edit</TD><TD>Delete</TD></TR><TR><TD>1 </TD><TD>Up</TD><TD>Down</TD><TD>0 </TD><TD>Device is away </TD><TD>true </TD><TD>Edit</TD><TD>Delete</TD></TR><TR><TD><INPUT id=m_configDataGrid__ctl4_addButton type=submit value=Add name=m_configDataGrid:_ctl4:addButton> </TD><TD> </TD><TD> </TD><TD><INPUT id=m_configDataGrid__ctl4_TextBox4 style="WIDTH: 42px" name=m_configDataGrid:_ctl4:TextBox4> </TD><TD><INPUT id=m_configDataGrid__ctl4_TextBox5 name=m_configDataGrid:_ctl4:TextBox5> </TD><TD><INPUT id=m_configDataGrid__ctl4_TextBox6 style="WIDTH: 242px" name=m_configDataGrid:_ctl4:TextBox6> </TD><TD> </TD><TD> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
                  --
                  stipus

Comment

Thats fine....just making sure.

Thanks

Darren

Comment

I have an alpha version of the Bluetooth Client, which seems to be stable. It has been running for 3 hours on my laptop, reporting everything to the main HS server / BT Connector.

There are a few details that need more work, but I will post it in a few hours, so that you can beta test the main functionnalities.

Missing features / Planned improvements are:

- Saving settings to .ini file
                      - Auto-Connect to HomeSeer on startup
                      - Auto-Reconnect in case HomeSeer has been restarted.
                      - Returning "Full signal strength" when the main plugin asks the client for the signal strength of itself (currently the client replies no signal strength for itself )
                      - Auto-reconfiguration when you reconfigure the Network in the Web Configuration Interface. (currently, you have to restart the Client).
                      - Scan for new bluetooth devices at the client.
                      - Better message log at the client

stipus
                      --
                      stipus

Comment

Stipus,

No problems...sounding good. It will be next week (Monday) that I get chance as I am away for the weekend.

Cheers,

Darren

Comment

OK, I will work on it a little more over the WE, and post what I have next monday.
                          --
                          stipus

Comment

Stipus,

Thats sounds good.

Cheers,

Darren

Comment

Hi Stipus,
                              more than happy to give your remote client a spin, especially to see if some sort of triangulation would be possible

Nick

Comment

Working...
                              X