Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If autodiscovery is enabled on the network, and you are only using autodiscovery on all devices, this is not related to the bug I was talking about.

It's another one ! Hanging on startup is caused by the Bluetooth library 1.20 not releasing resources, and the next time the plugin wants to acquire the BT stack, it hangs.

You may try killing/restarting HS several times. It usually works.

I'll try to go back to Bluetools 1.10, which does not have this behavior.

stipus
    --
    stipus

Comment

Stipus,

This is happening on a cold boot...which sort of suggests that its a race condition...

HS hangs just after initialising the plugin....recording the networks and devices Normally a couple of other plugins get the chance to register then it stops dead.

Cheers,

Darren

Comment

I just replaced Bluetools 1.20b with Bluetools 1.10, and I don't get any hanging problem anymore.

The tray icon is ready, and very nice !

I'll try to add HomeSeer auto-reconnect and device discovery at the client before posting a new version tonight.

If you want to experiment with it this afternoon, I can post it. Just tell me.
        --
        stipus

Comment

Stipus,

Yes if you want to go ahead and post it...I will load up and test for you.

Thanks,

Darren

Comment

Just posted V0.34.2.2 to the forum.

- The Bluetooth Client now goes to the system tray, with all fancy balloons...etc. It was not as easy as I thought, but it now works quite well !

- Downgraded BT support dlls to 1.10 because 1.20 and 1.20b can hang.

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=115872
            --
            stipus

Comment

Stipus,

I did the upgrade and I had a clean startup/shutdown...will try a cold start-up tomorrow. I really like the systray applet...excellent.

I'll report back more tomorrow.

Cheers,

Darren

Comment

Working...
              X