Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any interest in the ability to send/receive SMS from the Bluetooth Plugin ?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuego
    replied
    Any news on BT SMS funcionality please? Waiting on this before buying plugin.

Leave a comment:

• Fuego
    replied
    Originally posted by stipus View Post
    The latest bluetooth support dlls (1.20b) are also included in the ZIP with the .EXE.

I fear it's again a bug in those dlls, as the test app does nothing special. It gets the message count from the phone, then loops over all messages and add each one to the list box (3 lines of code).

Did you test the Read SMS Sync, or Read SMS Async button ?

What about the SMS send feature ? I need a few users to confirm it works, before I can include this to the plugin core.

TIA,

stipus
    All features of the test app work perfectly with a Sony Ericcson K700i under the Movistar network.

Leave a comment:

• darren-mc
    replied
    Tried both...could read under 10 or so messages....the exact size of the message window in the test app.

What about the SMS send feature ?
    Tried both methods and both OK.

Cheers,

Darren

Leave a comment:

• stipus
    replied
    The latest bluetooth support dlls (1.20b) are also included in the ZIP with the .EXE.

I fear it's again a bug in those dlls, as the test app does nothing special. It gets the message count from the phone, then loops over all messages and add each one to the list box (3 lines of code).

What about the SMS send feature ? I need a few users to confirm it works, before I can include this to the plugin core.

TIA,

stipus

Leave a comment:

• darren-mc
    replied
    Originally posted by stipus View Post
    I double checked my code, and couldn't find any bug (yet)... I haven't been using any fixed bound array or memory pool. I fear it's again a bug in the lib...

How many SMS have been loaded ?

It got to about 20 then gave up....the little test app locked up (end task only way forward)

I am using the latest stack you posted (somewhere on this board) from a few days ago.

Cheers,

Darren

Leave a comment:

• stipus
    replied
    I double checked my code, and couldn't find any bug (yet)... I haven't been using any fixed bound array or memory pool. I fear it's again a bug in the lib...

How many SMS have been loaded ?

Leave a comment:

• darren-mc
    replied
    It just seemed like it got to end of some of some array alloaction or something...no more space for new messages.

Leave a comment:

• stipus
    replied
    I'll check this... it's really possible there is a bug... I put the whole test app together between post #12 and post #13...

Leave a comment:

• darren-mc
    replied
    The reading of the SMS was a bit buggy...not sure whether is was just the number of SMS to be read 30 or so in the memory. It started to read them and then stopped when it reached the end of your screen.

But other than that great.

Leave a comment:

• stipus
    replied
    We are again going to need a list of compatible phones (sigh!)

Leave a comment:

• darren-mc
    replied
    Stipus,

Did not work with my O2 Exec II but with my trusty old nokia 6210 work np.

Cheers,

Darren

Leave a comment:

• darren-mc
    replied
    Thanks for this Stipus...will give it a try and let you know the results.

Leave a comment:

• stipus
    replied
    Here is a Test SMS Bluetooth application I just built.
    Please try it and tell me if your phone does support SMS via Bluetooth.

I didn't try to run the app on the same server as the plugin. I'm not sure if the plugin and this app can run simultaneously.
    Last edited by stipus; December 4, 2009, 06:43 PM.

Leave a comment:

• stipus
    replied
    I think I'll release a small test windows application first.

This will be a lot easier to test this feature. Once we are sure the code works, I can integrate the feature to the plugin.

Leave a comment:

• darren-mc
    replied
    I don't think I have a phone which supports this either and I have 4 of the buggers!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X