This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swapping BT Dongles about

I just made a swap about of the two BT dongles....different ranges.

However, the BT Connector is moaning alot about the shift...I am not sure what to do.

Code:

BT Connector - Error: remote network Network1 has several handlers. 
    BT Connector - Error: remote network Network3 has several handlers.
    which are the two machines the dongles have been swapped out...

How do I remove the network definitions for these networks so they will add themselves back in.

Cheers,
    Darren

Now you got this, you have to shutdown and restart HomeSeer. No other way I can think of... this should take care of the problem.

That's something I could handle with the bluetooth lib 1.20, but unfortunately I can't with the bluetooth lib 1.10 (I had to comment out the code when I downgraded).

I'll see if I can find a workaround. I may just use the latest handler in case I find several, but I'm not sure if they are ordered properly, that's why I currently chose to display a message and abort the polling in this case.

If you want to swap the dongles with the current version, you should exit the client, swap the dongle, and restart the client. The BT Lib 1.10 has no support for dongle removal.

One of my BT clients has been running for 26 hours now. No problem. It seems to be stable.
    --
    stipus

Comment

Until I decided to shuffle my dongles about to get the best coverage between 10 and 100 meter dongles with your lastest build I've had no issues....starting, stopping detection etc...its all been performing great.

You made the right move reverting back to the old BT library.

I have shutdown HS and will try again shortly.

Cheers,

Darren

Comment

Did you shutdown the Bluetooth clients before swapping the dongles ?

Unfortunately, I can't try this because I have only one dongle... the other computers have bluetooth built in.
        --
        stipus

Comment

Stipus,

This did not help..any pointers?

I tried to delete the bt.ini file from the config folder and build the network back up...but the error still keeps coming back.

Cheers,

Darren
          Last edited by darren-mc; September 20, 2006, 02:53 PM.

Comment

I don't really understand what's happening here.

A restart of HomeSeer should have fixed this.
            The error has nothing to do with the .INI file.

If a network has several handlers, it means that several Bluetooth clients registered the same Network, or one Bluetooth client registered the same Network twice.

The network is registered in the .INI with the computer ID, not the dongle ID.

Try this:
            - put your old .ini back
            - shutdown HomeSeer and all clients
            - restart homeseer
            - restart each client.

If this doesn't work, I'll post a new build that fixes the problem.
            --
            stipus

Comment

Daren,

I posted a new build here : http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=115899

Tell me if the duplicate handler problem is fixed. A warning should be printed (instead of an error), and the duplicate handler should be removed.

Added Device discovery at the client.

Added signal strength in the web configuration interface. Hit your browser refresh button to refresh values.

Regards,
              --
              stipus

Comment

Originally posted by stipus
                I don't really understand what's happening here.

A restart of HomeSeer should have fixed this.
                The error has nothing to do with the .INI file.

If a network has several handlers, it means that several Bluetooth clients registered the same Network, or one Bluetooth client registered the same Network twice.

The network is registered in the .INI with the computer ID, not the dongle ID.

Try this:
                - put your old .ini back
                - shutdown HomeSeer and all clients
                - restart homeseer
                - restart each client.

If this doesn't work, I'll post a new build that fixes the problem.
                OK will try this in the morning...

Cheers,

Darren

Comment

NO, the procedure did not work....so if you can post your client I will try it out.

Thanks

Darren

Comment

Working...
                  X