This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bluetooth Connector 0.35.2.2 + Bluetooth Client posted

Here is version 0.35.2.2 of the Bluetooth Connector plugin for HomeSeer 2.1 and 2.2beta:

Features:

- Bluetooth device presence detection
    - Bluetooth device signal strength (with the Widcomm Bluetooth stack)
    - The Bluetooth Client can collect bluetooth presence and signal strength from remote computers, and communicate its findings to the main plugin.
    - With several long range Bluetooth dongles, the plugin allows you to triangulate the position of your Bluetooth devices.
    - Web configuration interface for all parameters.

Change Log:

- BlueTooth Client now has local Device Discovery
    - Web Interface Device Configuration page now reports current signal strength
    - Tried to fix a bug with several handlers for a Bluetooth Network

How to install or upgrade the plugin:

1) Download the attached .ZIP

2) Unzip the archive without flattening the file tree (there are subdirectories that must be kept)

3) Shutdown HomeSeer

4) If you are upgrading, DELETE the HomeSeer 2/html/hspi_bt directory, because this directory will be replaced by the directory included in the ZIP.

5) Copy all unziped files and subdirectories to your HomeSeer 2 directory. Replace all existing files.

6) Restart HomeSeer<!-- / message --><!-- attachments -->

How to install the Bluetooth Client on a remote computer:

Copy the following files from your HomeSeer server to your remote computer.
    All files should be found in the HomeSeer 2 directory on your HomeSeer computer
    All files must be copied to the HomeSeer 2 directory on the remote computer. This directory should already exist as the speaker client must be installed on the remote computer.
    All files must be COPIED, not MOVED or DELETED (including the .exe !).

- BlueTools.dll
    - BlueToolsMS.dll
    - BlueToolsWC.dll
    - BlueToolsWC150.dll
    - Franson.Bluetools.200.dll
    - hspi_bt.dll
    - BluetoothClient.exe

You can install several BlueTooth clients. Here I tested with 2 BlueTooth Clients + the main plugin, and with 3 long range dongles (Widcomm stack), the plugin can successfully triangulate an approximate position of each Bluetooth device in the house.

More info about all plugin parameters here: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=111331

Best regards,
    Last edited by stipus; September 28, 2006, 05:46 AM.
    --
    stipus

I found a new problem with auto-discovery in this version. I have to fix it until I can post the .zip again. I'll use a new method for autodiscovery.

I also found the bug Darren experienced. The duplicate handler error can happen in 0.34.2.2 if you change the Network configuration for a client. This one is fixed.

stipus
    --
    stipus

Comment

Glad you found the bug....I will give it a test when you post it back.

Cheers,

Darren

Comment

Here is the new version of the plugin.

Change log:

- As stack autodiscovery was buggy server-side, I coded my own autodiscovery.
        - Bluetooth support lib 1.10 are replaced with 1.20b in this version

Please tell me how well it works for you.
        Last edited by stipus; September 28, 2006, 05:47 AM.
        --
        stipus

Comment

Will try it today...Thanks

Comment

Stipus,

Excellent progress with the new client. No crashes. Only thing that I have noticed is that when you close down the client window the client process is not shutdown correctly and still remains in the task list.

The only way to really stop the process is to kill it in task manager.

Cheers,

Darren

Comment

I think it's the bluetooth support lib, again stuck... this time at the client.

I'm going to remove the stack autodiscovery from the client, and replace it with the
              autodiscovery I have coded myself for the server side.

I also found this error (below) server-side, which can happen when the autodiscovery I have coded finds no BT device at all for a long time. You can take it as a warning... but it fills the log when everyone is away, and I'm going to remove it.

24/09/2006 09:50:08 - BT Connector - Scanner Error: Failed to start device inquriy. Check if Bluetooth is enabled.

Regards,

stipus
              --
              stipus

Comment

Code:
                24/09/2006 09:50:08 - BT Connector - Scanner Error: Failed to start device inquriy. Check if Bluetooth is enabled.
                Yes I have seen that error...as you say only if you are away for a while...

Comment

Darren,

I'm trying to narrow down the cause of this problem:

Are you using RDP to connect to your HomeSeer server ?
                  It seems I get the error when no RDP session is active.

I tried with HomeSeer running as a service. As long as there is a RDP session active on the server, the scanner works. As soon as I close all RDP sessions to the server, I get the error.
                  --
                  stipus

Comment

Yes I do use RDP now and again...

Comment

Stipus,

A quick round up of some issues 1 major...the rest minor...
                      1. This release does not find the devices as well as previous client/server builds (in fact my of vevices are being lost at the moment)
                      2. When the HS server is shutdown the client continually reports comms loss to the sys tray message instead of just once
                      3. As mentioned before shutting down the client does not stop the exe process from running, only and end task will do this. This was present on the previous release as well.
                      Other than these everything is looking good.

Cheers,

Darren

Comment

Thanks... I'm going to release a new version, and go back (again ...) to the bluetooth support lib 1.1... I think this will solve points 1 and 3.

The info balloon reports broken HS communication every 5 seconds.... I think it was every 30s in previous versions.
                        --
                        stipus

Comment

Would it be better just to report the comms error once....they to report re-connection? (less in your face approach)

Comment

No problem. I'll report the broken connection only once in the balloon.

stipus
                            --
                            stipus

Comment

New version posted here: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=116038
                              stipus
                              --
                              stipus

Comment

Working...
                              X