This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Various bugs

• In the configuration of the BT Connector, if I delete an unused device, it overwrites all of my configuration settings for every other device, resetting their HS device IDs, lost confirm, and boolean logic.
    • If I have the remote client connected and I stop the main Homeseer server (a service, but presumably standalone as well), the client freaks out and starts saying "Connected to Homeseer..." over and over again, even though it's not. When the server starts back up, 6+ connections immediately open up to it, and then Homeseer starts reporting that Network1 has more than one handler, deleting the top one, etc. Ultimately I have to stop Homeseer again, stop the client, start HS, start the client, and then it's fine.
    • Devices which are discovered via 'Scan' on the remote client report "Device blah already in plugin configuration," yet they don't show up in Homeseer in the Bluetooth Devices Configuration to be activated. Clicking "Scan new Bluetooth Devices in Homeseer" does nothing.
    I'm using HS 2.1.21.0 and BT Connector 0.38.2.2 with the BT client that came with it, running on XP SP2.

Thanks for your report.

I'm going to have a look at points 1 and 3.

Point 2 has already been addressed in the latest version of the plugin (0.40.2.2 available from the updater). please update to the latest version.

PS: After you have updated the plugin, you have to manualy update all your clients.
    --
    stipus

Comment

monachus,

I just tested with version 0.40.2.2

I acknowledge point 1 (most parameters are lost when using the device delete button), and I just fixed the problem.

However, I still can't reproduce point 3. I tried several times to remove 1 or 2 devices, then clicked scan on the client. Each time I got the message "device blah added to plugin configuration", and "device blah already in plugin configuration" for the devices I didn't delete.

I fear your hspi_bt.ini file has been corrupted by the first bug you found (delete device problem).

Could you (if possible from version 0.40.2.2):

- stop HomeSeer and the BT client
      - delete your Config/hspi_bt.ini
      - restart HomeSeer and the BT Client
      - Retry to scan from the client.

Thanks again for your bug report,
      --
      stipus

Comment

I just tried with HS running as a service (stopped, restarted the service several times), and the client reconnected each time correctly.

Unless you tell me you still get this problem V0.40.2.2, I consider point 2 has already been fixed. The only other reason I could think of, would be your HomeSeer version. The plugin has been tested with 2.1.102, 2.1.104, 2.1.139 and 2.1.143.
        --
        stipus

Comment

[QUOTE=monachus]
          • Devices which are discovered via 'Scan' on the remote client report "Device blah already in plugin configuration," yet they don't show up in Homeseer in the Bluetooth Devices Configuration to be activated. Clicking "Scan new Bluetooth Devices in Homeseer" does nothing.
          QUOTE]

Stiupus,

I just checked this one...and its happening for me as well. Discovery process at the client is fine.

Cheers,

Darren

Comment

I think his hspi_bt.ini is corrupt in some way because of the bug he experienced with the Delete device button.

Don't try the delete button because the bug is serious, and the whole ini file is then corrupted.
            --
            stipus

Comment

Working...
            X