X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blew up

I Blew it up ....

My balloon is going to pop....
    Is there an easy way to remove plug-in and re-install fresh ??

geary

Device inquiry timed out

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Exception: Device inquiry timed out

Source Error:

<TABLE width="100%" bgColor=#ffffcc><TBODY><TR><TD><CODE>An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.</CODE> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    Stack Trace:

<TABLE width="100%" bgColor=#ffffcc><TBODY><TR><TD><CODE>

[Exception: Device inquiry timed out] System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessag e(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg) +1779282 System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(Mess ageData& msgData, Int32 type) +826 HSPI_BT.BtScanner.ScanForNewDevices() +0 hspi_bt_web.DeviceList.scanButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) +24 System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) +75 System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +98 System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEven tHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +7 System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +11 System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +33 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +4921</PRE></CODE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    <HR width="100%" color=silver SIZE=1>
    Ubuntu on the Intel NUC ( 8i5BEK ), 32 G, 250G SSD, V4 Pro 😎

You can first try to stop homeseer, rename Config/hspi_bt.ini to Config/hspi_bt.old and restart.

This should reinit the plugin.

To remove the plugin completely, remove all the files that are in the plugin ZIP.
    --
    stipus

Comment

I thought just redownloading it would reinstall automatically.

Comment

If the problem is in the configuration file Config/hspi_bt.ini, redownloading or reinstalling the plugin is not going to replace this file.
        If you want to reinitialize the plugin, just rename or delete this file.
        --
        stipus

Comment

pescy littl program

moving right along..

renamed .ini file
          re-downloaded from updater

get "
          11/27/2006 8:56:53 AM - BT Connector - Scanner Error: Device inquiry timed out

every 20 sec's

soooo...

deleted everything in BT folder under Homeseer/updates 2

nothing in zips

with all above removed, not updates have

same problem

did i get the program ???

g

Comment

Scanner Error: Device inquiry timed out
            This could be a normal error if the BT scanner cannot find any BT device in the area. Are you sure your BT device is set to visible ?
            --
            stipus

Comment

not sure... using motorola cell phones. 3 different types

it was working, then I blew up. will advise on progress of re-setting up

g

Comment

Working...
              X