X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks!

Stipus,

Thanks a bunch! Unfortunately, when I click each link, I get "Domain is under construction". I don't get any files. Hopefully it's just your ISP doing something. I'll try again later.

Brian

Comment

Sorry... I typed stipus.com instead of stipus.info. I just fixed and tested the 3 links !

Originally posted by Kamikaze
      Stipus,

Thanks a bunch! Unfortunately, when I click each link, I get "Domain is under construction". I don't get any files. Hopefully it's just your ISP doing something. I'll try again later.

Brian
      Last edited by stipus; December 19, 2006, 02:50 AM.
      --
      stipus

Comment

Thanks!

Originally posted by stipus
        Sorry... I typed stipus.com instead of stipus.info. I just fixed and tested the 3 links !
        Stipus,

Thanks. I got'em this time. I'm currently running BT120. At first I didn't think it would work:

12/19/2006 7:19:18 AM BT Debug Error while polling Brians Phone: An undefined exception occured in the bluetooth stack while discovering services
        12/19/2006 7:19:18 AM BT Debug Polling Brians Phone (Method=DiscoverService) on Network0 returned signal strength=-2147483648
        12/19/2006 7:19:18 AM BT Debug Device Brians Phone lost. LostCount=1 LostConfirm=2
        12/19/2006 7:19:19 AM BT Debug Error while polling Lindas Phone: An undefined exception occured in the bluetooth stack while discovering services
        12/19/2006 7:19:19 AM BT Debug Polling Lindas Phone (Method=DiscoverService) on Network0 returned signal strength=-2147483648
        12/19/2006 7:19:19 AM BT Debug Device Lindas Phone lost. LostCount=1 LostConfirm=2

but, after the first pass, it found my phone. I've got the poll interval set back down to 30 secs. I'll let you know what happens.

Thanks again!

Brian

Comment

If you are using the Widcomm stack, you'd better use 1.20b

See here: http://franson.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3983

I really hope Franson will release a new version soon !
          --
          stipus

Comment

If you are using the Widcomm stack, you'd better use 1.20b

See here: http://franson.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3983

I really hope Franson will release a new version soon !
            Thanks. Well, the error appeared with 120, but it seemed to recover itself. It had been running for nearly 22 hours, which is sort of a record of late.

I just swicthed to 120b, so we'll see what happens.

Thanks again!

Brian

Comment

No luck

Well, I still get the error, even with 120b. Guess I'll see if I can live with a 2 minute polling interval, which may be the only way this works, although honestly, that remains to be seen. I did see the problem, even with a 60 sec. interval.

One question..... What is the POLL SERVICE option?? It's currently set to 1 for both phones... I don't see that one documented anywhere....

I've got about 10 days left to decide what I'm going to do. Either way it goes, thanks a bunch for the timely support to try and figure it out!

Brian

Comment

The poll service option is for the ConnectService poll method.

The plugin can use 3 different poll methods:

- AutoDiscovery: it uses autodiscovery packets sent by the BT device. Auto-discovery must be enabled on the Network tab, and on the device tab.

- DiscoverService: the plugin sends a service discovery packet to the device, and waits for response.

- ConnectService: the plugin tries to connect to the Bluetooth service #x on the device. Once successfull, it immediately disconnect.

The poll service is the service number. Your BT device exposes a number of services (numbered 1,2,3...), you can choose which service you want the plugin to connect to.

Best regards,

stipus
                --
                stipus

Comment

Another idea:

Did you check your BT dongle manufacturer site, to see if they do not provide an updated Bluetooth Stack ?

Widcomm 2.0.0.0 is pretty old. I'm using 5.0.1.2800.
                  --
                  stipus

Comment

Another way you may try configuring the plugin:

Use the auto-discovery poll method for your devices, and increase the "lost count" setting to 3 or 4.
                    --
                    stipus

Comment

Another idea:

Did you check your BT dongle manufacturer site, to see if they do not provide an updated Bluetooth Stack ?

Widcomm 2.0.0.0 is pretty old. I'm using 5.0.1.2800.
                      I have a Linksys BT100, which I thought was pretty popular here. I'm running the latest drivers (4.0.17 I believe). That's the only download available from Linksys.

Brian

Comment

The poll service option is for the ConnectService poll method.

The plugin can use 3 different poll methods:

- AutoDiscovery: it uses autodiscovery packets sent by the BT device. Auto-discovery must be enabled on the Network tab, and on the device tab.
                        Thanks. That explains why AutoDiscovery doesn't work for my phone. The only option I have is to be "discoverable for 60 secs.".

Brian

Comment

Welp, I don't know what's happened.... it has stopped discovering either of my phones. I even dropped back to the BT110 dlls. I reboot, etc., and nothing. So, I think I'm about done. I don't know what's going on anymore, and I think it's time to move on to other projects.

Thanks again.

Brian

Comment

I understand very well.

The last thing you could do, is to desinstall your Widcomm stack, and use the Microsoft XP SP2 stack instead. This stack works well with the plugin.
                            --
                            stipus

Comment

I use the belkin range of dongles and they work very well indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by stipus View Post
                                I understand very well.

The last thing you could do, is to desinstall your Widcomm stack, and use the Microsoft XP SP2 stack instead. This stack works well with the plugin.

I'm not running on XP so, unless you can tell me where to download it....

I did uninstall EVERYTHING and started over and, as of this morning, everything is working again. I've got 8 days left.... I've never been one to give up too easily....

Brian

Comment

Working...
                                X