This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error on Device Discovery...

Just installed the BT Connector to try out. I was able to get one of my devices discovered and working, but when I tried to discover a Motorola v710 phone I received the following error:
    Code:
    [Exception: An unknown device error occured during the device discovery]
       System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg) +1780450
       System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type) +826
       HSPI_BT.BtScanner.ScanForNewDevices() +0
       hspi_bt_web.DeviceList.scanButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) +24
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) +75
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +98
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +7
       System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +11
       System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +33
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +4921
    Running HS2.1.104, Widcom stack 1.4.2 b10, D-Link DBT-120 Adapter

Any ideas?
    Best regards,
    -Mark-

If you're not out on the edge, you're taking up too much room!
    Interested in 3D maps? Check out my company site: Solid Terrain Modeling

Does this error appear each time you are trying to discover this device ?

An unknown device error occured during the device discovery
    Unfortunately, this error message doesn't help me... I really don't know what could be the reason for such an error (unknown device error ?)

stipus
    --
    stipus

Comment

Yes, this happens each time I try to discover the v710. Here is the error screen I get:

Server Error in '/' Application.
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An unknown device error occured during the device discovery
      Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Exception: An unknown device error occured during the device discovery

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[Exception: An unknown device error occured during the device discovery]
      System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessag e(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg) +1780450
      System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(Mess ageData& msgData, Int32 type) +826
      HSPI_BT.BtScanner.ScanForNewDevices() +0
      hspi_bt_web.DeviceList.scanButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) +24
      System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) +75
      System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +98
      System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEven tHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +7
      System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +11
      System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +33
      System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +4921

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.42; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.42

What other info can I provide to help?
      Best regards,
      -Mark-

Comment

I'm going to post this error on Franson's support forum (the provider of the bluetooth support dll) to see if he has a clue.
        --
        stipus

Comment

Thanks Stipus!
          Best regards,
          -Mark-

Comment

In the meantime, you may want to check these sets of newer support dlls:

You just have to shutdown HS, copy all files included in one of the ZIPs to the HS2 directory, and restart.

Original set included with the plugin:
            http://www.stipus.info/download/BT110.zip

New set of dll. I didn't include these with the plugin, because they were obviously incompatible with Darren-mc's Bluetooth stack.
            http://www.stipus.info/download/BT120.zip

Latest set of dll. I didn't include these with the plugin, because they are incompatible with my own Bluetooth stack...
            http://www.stipus.info/download/BT120b.zip

I posted the question on the Bluetools support forum >>>>HERE<<<<

Best regards,

stipus
            --
            stipus

Comment

Which version would be compatible with the Widcom stack (v1.4.2)?
              Best regards,
              -Mark-

Comment

Honnestly I don't know.

Franson say they are all compatible with Widcomm 1.4.2.10 or up.

But from experience I know that some versions do work better than other with different dongles/stacks.

With the plugin, you got BT110.zip.

You should at least try BT120b.zip (latest version from Franson) and see if it solves your problem...
                --
                stipus

Comment

Thanks, I'll try the newer ones out and let you know what happens.
                  Best regards,
                  -Mark-

Comment

Stipus,

I've installed BT120b.zip and the error no longer occurs with the v710 phone. I am now able to use the BT connector w/ all of my phones. Now I just need to get the BT dongle in a location where it can see the phones all the time when they are in the house!

Thanks again for your assistance!
                    Best regards,
                    -Mark-

Comment

That's very good news !

Happy new year.

stipus
                      --
                      stipus

Comment

Working...
                      X