This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 Feature Requests if Possible

I know you are busy with your Skype plugin, but if you could fit these in sometime in the future it would be appreciated.

1 - Make device signal strengths report to the INI file.

For the log entry:

<TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>1/6/2007 10:27:51 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>BTU Debug </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>AutoDiscovery found 2 device(s)</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>1/6/2007 10:27:39 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>BT Debug </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Polling BT GPS (Method=AutoDiscovery) on Network1 returned signal strength=0</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>1/6/2007 10:27:38 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>BT Debug </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Polling BT GPS (Method=AutoDiscovery) on Network0 returned signal strength=0</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>1/6/2007 10:27:38 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>BT Debug </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Device WM_wrb lost. LostCount=4 LostConfirm=5</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>1/6/2007 10:27:38 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>BT Debug </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Polling WM_wrb (Method=DiscoverService) on Network1 returned signal strength=-2147483648</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>1/6/2007 10:27:18 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>BT Debug </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Polling WM_wrb (Method=DiscoverService) on Network0 returned signal strength=-2147483648</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

have INI entries like:

[Network0]
    WM_wrb=-2147483648
    BT GPS=0

[Network1]
    WM_wrb=-2147483648
    BT GPS=0

[WM_wrb]
    LostCount=4
    LostTrigger=5

[BT GPS]
    LostCount=0
    LostTrigger=5

2 - Make a stand alone device strength web page like:

BT GPS
    <TABLE border=1><TBODY><TR><TD>Network ID</TD><TD>Signal Strength</TD></TR><TR><TD>Network0 </TD><TD>0 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Network1 </TD><TD>0 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

WM_wrb
    <TABLE border=1><TBODY><TR><TD>Network ID</TD><TD>Signal Strength</TD></TR><TR><TD>Network0 </TD><TD>-2147483648</TD></TR><TR><TD>Network1 </TD><TD>-2147483648</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Thanks for considering this.

I have found DiscoverService works better for me than AutoDiscovery. Something was going to sleep and I'd loose the device signal after a few hours.

I am running 1.4.xxx Widcomm stacks. Do you know of a generic stack upgrade or do you have to get them only through that manufacturer?

Hope all is well over there,
    Bill

~Bill

I'll consider all this for a future version.

Why do you need the signal strength written to the .INI ?

I am running 1.4.xxx Widcomm stacks. Do you know of a generic stack upgrade or do you have to get them only through that manufacturer?
    Unfortunately, Widcomm policy is "no upgrades from us !!! Check with your device vendor"
    --
    stipus

Comment

Originally posted by stipus View Post

Why do you need the signal strength written to the .INI ?
      Easier triangulation.
      As I add / subtract / move receivers around it would be easier.

Also, if I can ever get a BT dongle that reports actual signal strength rather that reporting 0 or -2147483648 it would be easier to throw in some math.

But I have seen you examples in the device logic config.

~Bill

Comment

Working...
      X