This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Continuous Scanner Error in log?

I have two devices I'm trying to get 'working' with the plugin. They are both enabled and I was able to see them as 'Device OK' status.

I am, however, getting this in my log every 90 seconds:
    Code:
    1/7/2007 7:50:29 PM  - BT Connector - Scanner Error: Device inquiry timed out
    What does this mean?
    Which device is it referring to?
    Any way to supress these if this is normal?

Thanks!
    Best regards,
    -Mark-

If you're not out on the edge, you're taking up too much room!
    Interested in 3D maps? Check out my company site: Solid Terrain Modeling

This means a request was sent from the plugin to a device, and the device did not answer.

To know which device it"s refering to, you should activate the plugin debug mode.

I don't know if it's normal or not. What polling method are you using ?

I can filter this error in the next version of the plugin. Currently all exceptions are written to the HS log.
    --
    stipus

Comment

This occurs all the time with v120b of the plugin.
      V120 does not do this.
      So I'm using v120 now.
      I'll keep debug in mind when I have issues.
      Thanks!
      Best regards,
      -Mark-

Comment

Good to know that bluetooth lib V1.20 can sometimes be better than 1.20b ...

Can you please tell me what dongle and which BT stack / stack version you are using ? This might be usefull for other users of the plugin.

Just checked on Franson's web site.... and 1.20b is still the latest version. They haven't published any patch to the lib since last September (sigh!).
        --
        stipus

Comment

Stipus,

I had the error with both of these combinations on v120b:

D-Link DBT-120 adapter (short range) with Widcom stack v1.4.2 b10
          Belkin F8T012v adapter (long range) with Widcom stack v4.0.1.2401

In fact, v120b will not work with the Belkin dongle any more. I have been pasting the DLLs (with HS shut down) as you instructed and now 120b will not see my devices. I also got these errors in the log after switching back to v120:
          Code:
          1/8/2007 7:32:12 PM  - Info - Interface BT Connector is running as a trial, 15 days remaining.
          1/8/2007 7:32:12 PM  - BT Connector - BT Connector V0.42.2.2 Copyright 2006 stipus
          1/8/2007 7:32:12 PM  - Info - Initializing Plug-in: BT Connector
          1/8/2007 7:32:12 PM  - Info - Finished initializing plug-in BT Connector
          1/8/2007 7:32:12 PM  - Info - Initializing Plug-in: DooMotion
          1/8/2007 7:32:12 PM  - Info - Loading device types file...
          1/8/2007 7:32:13 PM  - BT Connector - Network0: WidComm Bluetooth Stack 4.0.1.2401 Enabled= True AutoDiscovery=True AutoDiscoveryInterval=10
          1/8/2007 7:32:14 PM  - BT Connector - 2 Bluetooth device(s) configured
          1/8/2007 7:32:14 PM  - Database Item - Saving Device BT Device PPC_Phone
          1/8/2007 7:32:14 PM  - Error - GetDevice (Devices) Error: The connection cannot be used to perform this operation. It is either closed or invalid in this context.
          1/8/2007 7:32:14 PM  - Database Item - Did not find an existing device record.
          1/8/2007 7:32:14 PM  - Error - GetDevices (Devices) Error: The connection cannot be used to perform this operation. It is either closed or invalid in this context.
          1/8/2007 7:32:14 PM  - Database Item - Error retrieving NEW device dataset: 91, Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
          1/8/2007 7:32:14 PM  - Database Item - No Existing device Record and GetNewDeviceSet failed - bad news - data NOT saved.
          1/8/2007 7:32:14 PM  - Database Item - Saving Device BT Device Motorola Phone
          1/8/2007 7:32:14 PM  - Error - GetDevice (Devices) Error: The connection cannot be used to perform this operation. It is either closed or invalid in this context.
          1/8/2007 7:32:14 PM  - Database Item - Did not find an existing device record.
          1/8/2007 7:32:14 PM  - Error - GetDevices (Devices) Error: The connection cannot be used to perform this operation. It is either closed or invalid in this context.
          1/8/2007 7:32:14 PM  - Database Item - Error retrieving NEW device dataset: 91, Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
          1/8/2007 7:32:14 PM  - Database Item - No Existing device Record and GetNewDeviceSet failed - bad news - data NOT saved.
          I'll stick w/ 120 for now and let you know the results of any changes.

Thanks so much for your help!!
          Last edited by stipus; January 9, 2007, 02:15 AM.
          Best regards,
          -Mark-

Comment

These errors do not come from the plugin itself, but from the Homeseer device database management system.

You may want to delete all Homeseer devices created by the plugin, and restart. The plugin should recreate the devices on startup.
            --
            stipus

Comment

Working...
            X