This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What ports to open?

Does anyone know what ports I should open on my firewall to try and get the bluetooth plugin to work over the internet?

I've been able to use the speaker client, and a few other things, thought this would be fun too.
    Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

I think Darren has been using this feature with (great?) success to monitor a remote location. I only tried myself on a lan (without any firewall).

He should be able to help you on this point.

As the bluetooth client is using the exact same transmission mecanism as the speaker client, and you wrote you successfully connected the speaker client over the internet, ... you may try the same firewall configuration (maybe there is just a port number change).
    --
    stipus

Comment

Yeah, I'm thinking it's just a different port that BT is going over, if that's not the case, I'm not sure why it won't connect.
      Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

Comment

I just checked with Netstat -a on my computer

BT Client uses TCP ports 4414 / 4416 but I think it's dynamic
        On the HS Server side, it uses TCP port 8737

In HS configuration the speaker client is set to port 8742

I don't remember I hard coded anything such as port 8737... maybe the homeseer communication lib chooses a different port each time ? I'm not sure but as Darren succeeded, I think it should be deterministic.
        --
        stipus

Comment

I opened 8737 and it worked right away, the 4414/4416 I opened as well, but I'm not sure if those made any difference, since the 8737 was the magic number.
          Joe (zimmer62)

Comment

No you just need to open the 8737 port.

I have have great success with this and I use it track locations between my parents house, my house and the lodge.

This means I can route speach correctly to the best speaker client where the member of the family is.

Just remember to tone down the polling interval unless you want your internet link to full of BT discovery results.

Cheers,

Darren

Comment

Working...
            X